Los Jaivas (Chilean Folk-Prog)

Syd

Reaction score
This, my friends, is considered probably southamerica's most influential Progressive band. They were some of the first to combine Rock music with the tipical instruments of South America like "charango" and stuff. They are really huge, also very, very talented. They haver toured the whole world and are really popular over here. They emerged in the 60s or 70s I think, and a few of the member have passed away, but they keep touring with the family members of these decesaed people filling their spot.

In this song you can see from the beginning that the music is very "South American" and "Indigenous" ... because of the instruments they use, but they blend it perfectly with rock music.

This second video ... wow. You should all pay attention to it. And listen to it completely. I consider it to be the "Stairway to Heaven" of Latin American music. It's such a beautiful song. Hope you like it. Maybe I'll post some other songs of the band.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
Ugh silly me thought they were a Peruvian band. I've got two of their albums "Alturas de Machu Pichu" and "Los sueños de América". I like the Machu Pichu album alot but not to high on the other one which I believe is Los Jaivas with other musicians?

Syd

Reaction score
Ugh silly me thought they were a Peruvian band. I've got two of their albums "Alturas de Machu Pichu" and "Los sueños de América". I like the Machu Pichu album alot but not to high on the other one which I believe is Los Jaivas with other musicians?

Los Sueños de America is with just one other artist, who I don't really know who he is. Jajaja. But they are Chilean, for "Las Alturas de Machu Picchu" they took all these poems from Pablo Neruda (Chilean poet that won the Nobel Prize) and made music for it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online