looking for artist

Big P

Reaction score
I've lost my file and can't remember the artist of a song from probably 1972, called "Boogie". It was played constantly on our local FM station but I know it didn't make any hit lists, and I'm having no luck on my searchs. A raspy voiced man sang, "Hey Babe, you want to boogie, boogie woogie woogie with me. You can boogie over here, you can boogie over there, hey babe you can boogie everywhere" like that for the whole song. For a chorus he raspberried with his tongue for a while. I remember the guy who sang it was a folk singer type and this was not his normal style.

Can anyone help me out?

Reaction score
does your station have a website?

Big P

Reaction score
Thanks, but not Black Joe Lewis. I tried the station I listened to back then and had no luck.

The Graeme

Reaction score
It was John Hartford, who also wrote "Gentle on My Mind."

I saw him perform this song at a small West Virginia college in 1974 or 1975.

We learned later he had injured his hand and was doped up because he didn't want to cancel the performance.

He was terrific. BIG on riverboat songs.

You can find him at John Hartford - Welcome .

JuddBonus

Reaction score
Hey Graeme, you sure thats it.? I mean wow, that was a actual song.? How bizarre, just checked it on allmusic.com, its dated 1971 and listed as "country" of all things.. but then again you have 248 other listings for "boogie". That "song" cant compare to Tom T Hall, Freddie Fender, or Johnny Paycheck or even Jim Stanford, now that would be somewhat close to what I just heard. Like I said Bizarre........

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online