Local Natives

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Local Natives
localnatives1-1s.jpg

Another find tonight! :heheh: These guys have a huge sound! They have a dreamy, pop sound with light as air vocals backed by enormous harmonies! The orchestration really stands out which I'm always a fan of orchestrated music. One fan made the observation that the orchestration sounded like it came from Melloncollie and The Infinite Sadness by The Smashing Pumpkins of course! :grinthumb No bearing on my liking of the band whatsoever! :tongue:
Anyway, the album out now is:

Local Natives-Gorilla Manor
local-natives.jpg

Here are some cool tracks:

Who Knows, Who Cares
(love this one most)

World News

Sun Hands

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
They do make some pretty cool harmonies. I do like the use of orchestra too, suits the voice ad the general pop rock feel of the band :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
They do make some pretty cool harmonies. I do like the use of orchestra too, suits the voice ad the general pop rock feel of the band :grinthumb

Oh I do like their music and I agree with Salmacis the introduction of orchestra music is lovely :grinthumb

As do I! :grinthumb Out of all the artist I posted so far in this section this is in my top three ones to purchase! Who Knows, Who Cares is the best out of all the new songs I've heard since doing these IMO! :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
I just got the full c.d. this past week and I love it! Who Knows, Who Cares will always be my favorite but Sun Hands has really grown on me as an awesome track! Here's another track I like! It's pretty funky! :grinthumb

Warning Sign

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
You know why that is Soot? It's a Talking Heads cover! :heheh:

They're definitely doing it justice though, I like it too :grinthumb

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Oh, even cooler! The album falls into the odd category of something I see you having more than me but I highly recommend it for you dude! It's a pleasant surprise for me! :grinthumb

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online

No members online now.