Little River Band (Official Thread)

Rockperson

Reaction score
Any fans of this really great band?

They released five albums in the seventies......

S/T
After Hours
Diamantina Cocktail
Sleeper Catcher
First Under The Wire

Glen Shorrock was the lead vocalist and he would later in the early 80`s be replaced by the legendary John Farnham.

They were once described by Glen Frey of the Eagles as the best singing band, best harmony band in the world.

Last edited:

Rockperson

Reaction score
Little River Band - 1980`s

After the great albums of the 70`s, they released Time Exposure with that being the last album with vocalist Glen Shorrock before being replaced by John Farnham. Shorrock came back four albums later to record Monsoon.

The 80`s albums were......

Time Exposure
The Net
Playing To Win
No Reins
Monsoon.

Nowadays they are touring with just Wayne Nelson from the early 80`s line up and none of the main three of Glen Shorrock, Beeb Birtles and Graham Goble.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Little River Band - 1970`s

I never really got into Little River Band that much, but I do remember the song "Cool Change" getting quite a bit of local radio time. Cool Change was also the theme song for my Senior Class :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Diamantina Cocktail is my favorite LRB record...I've got quite a few of their albums now and always enjoyed their music.

My favorite song of their's.

Happy Anniversary.

Rockperson

Reaction score

I never really got into Little River Band that much, but I do remember the song "Cool Change" getting quite a bit of local radio time. Cool Change was also the theme song for my Senior Class :grinthumb

One of their nice slow songs, a very good one too! :)

Rockperson

Reaction score

Diamantina Cocktail is my favorite LRB record...I've got quite a few of their albums now and always enjoyed their music.

My favorite song of their's.

Happy Anniversary.

Great song, I ordered Diamantina Cocktail on cd this weekend just gone, I`m still looking for After Hours for a cheap price.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

There are two different versions of Diamantina Cocktail Rockperson, the US release and the Original Australian release which is different. I prefer the Aussie version myself, owned that one on vinyl and picked up the CD(which was hard to find) about a year ago.

LRB is in my top 10 Australian bands of all time.:D

Rockperson

Reaction score

There are two different versions of Diamantina Cocktail Rockperson, the US release and the Original Australian release which is different. I prefer the Aussie version myself, owned that one on vinyl and picked up the CD(which was hard to find) about a year ago.

LRB is in my top 10 Australian bands of all time.:D

Mine is the US release but if I get After Hours then that should cover all bases.

They are my favourite Aussie band and one of my all time favourite groups. :)

Fever

Reaction score

I like quite a few of their songs.They put out a pretty good live album years ago

Short version of It's A Long Way There

Long version

Fever

Reaction score

Three founding members of LRB-Glenn Shorrock,Beeb Birtles and Graeham Goble lost the rights to the Little River Band name and now perform as Birtles Shorrock Goble

Guitarist Stephen Housden was in the band from 1981 to 2006 and still retains ownership of the Little River Band ,though he is no longer in the band.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online