Limewire whacked!!

charliepage88

Reaction score
It's a sad day for music. But it doesn't matter at all, really. Everybody I've ever heard of stopped using Limewire by 2006. Obviously the slow-moving court system will never catch up with the fast-paced pirate community. It's like the evolution of the flower versus the dinosaur... except the flower is evolving 10 years for every 1 year, and the dinosaur is evolving 1/2 year for every 2 years.

Yep, same here. I don't know anyone that uses it and I've never used it myself. :-/

This battle will go on and on for years, and the media companies and government lackeys still don't get it...

Unfortunately they never will.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
It's a sad day for music. But it doesn't matter at all, really. Everybody I've ever heard of stopped using Limewire by 2006. Obviously the slow-moving court system will never catch up with the fast-paced pirate community. It's like the evolution of the flower versus the dinosaur... except the flower is evolving 10 years for every 1 year, and the dinosaur is evolving 1/2 year for every 2 years.

That depends on perspective. I'm not afeard of dat dere new music technology but not everyone thinks it's better. A sad day for music recently was seeing Wal-Mart scale down it's c.d. shelf space once again for DVD and Blu-Ray crap. I'm not saying that Wal-Mart is my #1 shopping preference but it's the first domino in the chain being they are the number one seller of music store wise. My sad day is the day I won't be able to walk into a store, shuffle and browse through a selection of my favorite and yet undiscovered artist and cash out with a handful of finds for the day. Then the experience of taking them home, opening them, sifting through the booklets, popping in the album (as it's meant to be) and finally putting it on the shelf I've carefully organized to sit amongst the rest of my treasures. I won't miss Limewire at all. Such a empty soulless experience IMO. Considering the viruses like Lady points out it's like sleeping with the disease ridden prostitute as opposed to the beautiful lady I'm actually in love with! :grinthumb

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
That depends on perspective. I'm not afeard of dat dere new music technology but not everyone thinks it's better. A sad day for music recently was seeing Wal-Mart scale down it's c.d. shelf space once again for DVD and Blu-Ray crap. I'm not saying that Wal-Mart is my #1 shopping preference but it's the first domino in the chain being they are the number one seller of music store wise. My sad day is the day I won't be able to walk into a store, shuffle and browse through a selection of my favorite and yet undiscovered artist and cash out with a handful of finds for the day. Then the experience of taking them home, opening them, sifting through the booklets, popping in the album (as it's meant to be) and finally putting it on the shelf I've carefully organized to sit amongst the rest of my treasures. I won't miss Limewire at all. Such a empty soulless experience IMO. Considering the viruses like Lady points out it's like sleeping with the disease ridden prostitute as opposed to the beautiful lady I'm actually in love with! :grinthumb

Hey, I never said it was better. ;)

Me? I'm a CD guy myself. But I order off of the internet. I don't know of any CD store within miles of here that has the kind of things I buy and I don't listen to stuff that's all that obscure... I think we lost the browsing experience at least a few years ago.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Hey, I never said it was better. ;)

Me? I'm a CD guy myself. But I order off of the internet. I don't know of any CD store within miles of here that has the kind of things I buy and I don't listen to stuff that's all that obscure... I think we lost the browsing experience at least a few years ago.

I still have it for now. There's a Newbury comics and a Bullmoose downstate where I live that's great for that. When they disappear I'll be emo. :lmao: I still check out Best Buy as far as major chains. I would never go on a road trip/shopping trip for movies. I order off the internet in certain cases but it lacks the experience I enjoy.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
As far as i could see, Limewire was garbage years ago. It sucked from day one.

As for the court case, this isn't over. Like magic said, if it were, limewire would have been shutdown within minutes of the decision.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online

No members online now.