Lennon

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Lennon

W020080219561652625975.jpg

Nope, not the Lennon that likely popped in your head, is it? This Lennon, full name Lennon Murphy, was however named after the iconic Beatle but that's where the similarities end. This is one female artist in the 2,000's that truly demonstrated how rock a female could be. She honestly should front a band because I think she has more power and presence and power vocally than half of the female fronted rock bands out there. She's taken no bullshit in her career as she left her major label right after her debut to make the music she wants to make. Lennon can kick peoples ass in so many ways especially with her musical talent!

I started with her album:

5:30 Saturday Morning
album-530-saturday-morning.jpg

after hearing this single
Brake Of Your Car

My favorite song however has been carried throughout Lennon's career through many transitions. The song originally called My Beautiful came out on her debut and has since been rerecorded in various forms and changed names to Where Do I Fit In?!

Where Do I Fit In?

My favorite version is a collaboration with Days Of The New singer Travis Meeks:

Where do Fit In? feat. Travis Meeks
http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.artistalbums&artistid=4599847&ap=0&albumid=12319962

Some other great tracks are:

No One Knows

Property of Goatf***er

Two great Lennon ballads:

5:30 Saturday Morning

And You

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You are right, Sooty, when I opened the thread I expected to see a face with a pair of these
glasses-16815-20090124-18.jpg
Looking at me!!

This chick has a beautiful voice. I expecially liked these two songs "No One Knows" and "5:30 Saturday Morning". She would make an excellent frontwoman for a prog metal or speed metal band :grinthumb

I definitely will add her to my library.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
You are right, Sooty, when I opened the thread I expected to see a face with a pair of these
glasses-16815-20090124-18.jpg
Looking at me!!

This chick has a beautiful voice. I expecially liked these two songs "No One Knows" and "5:30 Saturday Morning". She would make an excellent frontwoman for a prog metal or speed metal band :grinthumb

I definitely will add her to my library.

I think it's awesome that she's one of those artist that just keep missingthat moment where she catches on but she's still putting out material any way she can. She even released tons of free downloads aka the pay what you want option of her full albums to the public. She's diverse as well! She's simultaneously released a real metal album and an acoustic one! I never see her rising above her status unfortunately but I hope she stays around because she's definitely got plenty of potential to do some great things musically! :grinthumb

I really like this new one I just heard off the acoustic

Just One
l

For Nothing
http://s0.ilike.com/play#Lennon:For+Nothing:110141394:s30487325.12737808.4599847.0.2.181%2Cstd_81a17a279b514f66923bfcf00b6ac738

and this one off of her metal album
Devil's Gift
51a3hThhIjL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
Shadows Never Ending

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Dang, this chick can scream and growl, not that I am into those kind of vocals. I do like the song "For Nothing".....

Flower

retired
Reaction score
I'm with Magic on this one ... I had a chuckle when "Lennon" turned out to be female ... I'll give her another few listens, very nice .. Thanks for the info Sooty.

:grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I listened to 'Where Did I fit In' but unfortunately it didn't quite appeal to me. Could you post a couple of songs from the acoustic album you mentioned? I generally enjoy acoustic music more then that kind of rock or even metal :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Staff online

Members online