Led Zeppelin

Džedaj

Groovy as hell.
Reaction score
Re: Led Zeppelin Band of the Month, Nov 2009

Wow. I just watched whole interview and I've got to say I'm more pleased with Plant's continuing with career and reviving mid 60s pop-rock than JPJ's role in Them Crooked Vultures. While watching interview, I was constantly thinking "Wow, this does sound like Led Zepp III" (which is one of my fav LZ albums) and I'm glad Plant confirm that at the end of the interview. Plant is still kicking some ass!

APageMark

Reaction score
.... the album I have never enjoyed was Led Zeppelin lll, so I pushed on thru' the pain barrier and succumbed to three tracks - this being my fave..... so far... after 40 odd years!
Funny how tastes vary. This was always a favorite for me. Yet, I don’t get all the hubbub over Exile On Main Street. Everyone’s different and that’s a good thing.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Apologies if a profile of this album has been previously posted-
Recorded in late 1975,shortly after a car crash involving Robert Plant, in November the band travelled to Munich and booked eight weeks to record and lay down tracks for a spring release in 1976.The low ceiling and intimate nature of Musicland Studio's - complete with small soccer pitch out back proved very fertile, as it had done recently for The Stones, ELO and Rory Gallagher. Olympic studio genius Keith Harwood was hired as Engineer and recordist ( he would later perish in a car crash a week before Marc Bolan, in the same spot!)
A bulk of ten songs were laid down before Christmas '75,and the following early weeks of 1976 tracks were selected and finished for the Presence album.
presence_ad_0.jpg

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Led Zeppelin were very active in selecting the artwork for their album covers and once again Storm Thorgerson and Hipgnosisis were tasked with design, Aubrey Powell and his design team, labelled the 'object' which features in the Suburban settings as"obtuse and bizarre", Bonham agreed immediately, and the family scene on the record jacket features a purpose built artificial harbour that was constructed for the Earls Court boat show of that year. For many the stand out track still remains as Achilles Last Stand- Jimmy Page apparently had a vision of an "army of guitars" and John Paul Jones aided Page to reach this goal, a "symphony of guitar work" was how Jimmy described it in the 1976 press conference and to this day cited it as his "best solo". From 3:40 to 5:15 (he often dubs it!)
Blind Willie Johnson would have been immensely proud that Nobody's Fault But Mine was essentially reworked for this album. With sessions of marathon overdubbing and use of experimental instruments, 8 string bass and a battered Stratocaster to get that "sound"... it received a luke warm reception - being somewhat overshadowed by The Song Remains The Same album and movie. However record pre- orders were the order of the day and it's heavy rock feel earned respect from Rolling stone and fans alike.
1976-04-presencead-germany-s_0.jpg

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online