Led Zeppelin (Official Thread)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Led Zeppelin gives rare interview to David Letterman

David Letterman has landed a rare interview with John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin.

The legendary rock group visits “Late Show With David Letterman” at 11:35 p.m. Monday on CBS (WKMG-Channel 6).

Letterman and Led Zeppelin are receiving the Kennedy Center Honors on Sunday in Washington. Viewers will get to see that event at 9 p.m. Dec. 26 on CBS.

And it will be worth the wait, because it’s the classiest awards show.

- doesn't surprise me as Plant has always guested on Letterman...good to see him bring along the other two. The reticent Jones will probably have the LEAST to say.

Last edited:

Khor1255

Reaction score
Oh please keep Schaffer away. That could be cool but I kind of hope they do something else as well. Maybe something off of 3 would be cool.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Obama Cracks Jokes At White House Reception For Kennedy Center Honorees
Pema Levy 6:14 PM EST, Sunday December 2, 2012

67608_499239613430114_748915950_n.jpg

President Obama joked during his remarks at a White House event Sunday honoring the winners of the Kennedy Center Honors, according to a White House pool report.

From the report:

On stage are Buddy Guy, Dustin Hoffman, David Letterman, [ballerina] Natalia Makarova, [Led Zeppelin's] John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant. …

POTUS ribbed Hoffman over fact Robert Redford already has award.

He teased Letterman that on this night the tables are turned and POTUS is controlling the mic tonight. He said Letterman was looking uncomfortable.

Said he worked with speechwriters and there just is "no smooth transition from ballet to Led Zeppelin."

Said band is know for rowdy behavior and it's a good thing event is happening in room with three inch thick windows and Secret Service.

After the reception in the East Room, Obama is will attend the performance and gala for the honorees at the Kennedy Center.

532369_499392193414856_148482203_n.jpg

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Concerts, Metal, Rock Music — December 2, 2012 at 4:58 pm

‘He’ll probably kill me for telling’:

Jason Bonham shares real reason Robert Plant won’t reunite as Led Zeppelin by Something Else!

Jason Bonham talks about the emotional difficulties that Robert Plant still has going on without his dad, the late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham — feelings that ultimately ended any hoped-for reunion of the band’s surviving members.

Plant, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page last convened as Led Zeppelin, with Jason replacing John Bonham, in 2007 at London’s 02 Arena — an event recently commemorated with the release of Celebration Day, on CD, DVD, and Blu-ray. The album debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart.

Still, Plant remains firm: There are no plans to continue on, despite the new-found excitement surrounding this release.

“It wasn’t just him going ‘I don’t want to do it,’ there were other things going on,” the younger Bonham tells Gater 98.7 FM in a newly posted interview. “He told me, ‘It doesn’t matter how great you are on the drums, Jason. I love you to bits, and you play absolutely amazing. But John was the drummer in Led Zeppelin, and John was part of me and Jimmy and John Paul. We shared something very, very special.’”

John Bonham died in his sleep at age 32 in 1980, and Led Zeppelin never returned to the studio again. Meanwhile, Jason has gone on to his own musical success as a drummer with UFO, Foreigner and Black Country Communion, while also appearing two other times in partial, one-time Led Zepplin reunions.

Jason Bonham seems to feel, however, that the 2007 show will be their last time together.

Plant simply misses Bonzo too much. Jason Bonham says Plant confided: “‘I struggle sometimes just thinking about trying to create some magic again when he’s not there. He was a very, very dear friend of mine, that I miss every day.’ He’ll probably kill me for telling you that.”

Page, Plant and Jones will actually reconvene on Monday, December 3, 2012, but not to perform: They are sitting for a rare joint interview on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.