Lead Guitarist Battle

Which of these lead guitarists is best?

• Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin, The Yardbirds, Solo)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Eric Clapton (Cream, Blind Faith, The Yardbirds, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, Solo)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan (Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble, The Vaughan Bros., David Bowie)

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Ace Frehley (KISS, Frehley's Comets, Solo)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Lifeson (Rush)

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Carlos Santana (Santana)

• Angus Young (AC/DC)

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath, Heaven & Hell, Jethro Tull, Solo)

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Jimi Hendrix (Jimi Hendrix Experience, Band of Gypsys)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Yngwie Malmsteen

• Total voters
Reaction score
Although the poll doesn't show it, (my first post does reflect the change) I've replace Pete Townshend with Yngwie Malmsteen. If ya want your vote changed just message an admin.

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I can still call bullshit though. Whether or not I'm the only one who believes so.

Bullshit or not, people choose their favourites rather than 'who is the best technically guitar player. I voted for Tony Iommi, among with Jimi Hendrix, Jimmy Page and Alex Lifeson he is on my list of top guitar players, but he is taking the top spot out of all listed. He is very influential, the riffs very doomy and gloomy which got me into doom and stoner metal as well as expanded much more music since I listened to anything by Sabbath.

You can't call this bullshit, can ya?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't call other people's opinions bullshit. They are entitled their opinion.

Reaction score
Yeah, Page will probably win, and will more than likely (to me) be the biggest upset winner of these polls I'm doing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Normally I don't vote for Jimmy Page, but in this one I did. Been listening to Zeppelin lately so that might be one reason.:D

No matter what you can't deny his talent for writing massive timeless riffs that still to this day attract young people to Zeppelin's music, along with the other 3 members of course. But it's his guitar and Plant's voice that remain the signature sound to me and yes Bonzo was legendary as well.

Khor1255

Reaction score
Page is incredibly versatile and really set the bar for just about every hard rock player since him. His adventurous fretting and tireless expansion of rock and roll vocabulary are among the most influential things that ever happened in modern music. It is impossible to underrate this guy so - while he's not my personal favorite - I can easily see why anyone would call him number 1.

Not so much with SRV who is basically a one trick Hendrix impersonator.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Members online