Lacuna Coil (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing Soot...that the cover thing was gonna be a thing now. :grinthumb

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I read that My Spirit is a tribute song to Pete Steele. Nice tribute.

opera races

Reaction score
I just bought a ticket to go see Megadeth next month :D I noticed the opening band is Lacuna Coil. I have NO CLUE about Lacuna Coil! The previous (and my first) Megadeth show I went to was a GA venue and I had to suffer through three horrible (to me) opening bands. I have a reserved seat this time. I take it Lacuna Coil is worth seeing? ;)

Yes, I just skimmed through this thread but can someone give me a musical crash course/Cliff Notes on Lacuna Coil that I can do by the first week in May? :heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Listen to some songs on the OP to get an idea. Gothic metal band who tend to vary with albums. Some albums are more darker melody then others, Shallow Life is probably their more commercial stuff.

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
They're not really my cup of tea but I do really like this song:

My Spirit

breathtaking..

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^^ Good song indeed. It was a tribute to Pete Steele too.

opera races

Reaction score
I saw Lacuna Coil open for Megadeth a couple weeks ago and while I didn't think they were terrible, as Taboo put it, decided they are simply not my cuppa tea.

Cristine Scabbia did come out and sing A Toute Le Monde with Dave and the band, which I thought was cool.

I didn't have a chance to check out any of Lacuna Coil's music before the show. One thing I noticed and I was surprised but there seemed to be this second or co-singer I had no idea about and his vocals sounded to me like this guttural rap-metal which I thought were terrible and distracting. And maybe I was reading too much into it but I felt having this second singer seemed to imply Cristine couldn't lead the band on her own and I thought she did just fine even though again her style on most of the songs isn't my thing. What was with that?

Taboo

Toward the Within
Reaction score
I saw Lacuna Coil open for Megadeth a couple weeks ago and while I didn't think they were terrible, as Taboo put it, decided they are simply not my cuppa tea.

Cristine Scabbia did come out and sing A Toute Le Monde with Dave and the band, which I thought was cool.

I didn't have a chance to check out any of Lacuna Coil's music before the show. One thing I noticed and I was surprised but there seemed to be this second or co-singer I had no idea about and his vocals sounded to me like this guttural rap-metal which I thought were terrible and distracting. And maybe I was reading too much into it but I felt having this second singer seemed to imply Cristine couldn't lead the band on her own and I thought she did just fine even though again her style on most of the songs isn't my thing. What was with that?
Ahh you mean Andrea, terrible voice indeed.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

To be honest despite loving the band I agree on the second singer, I think Cristina should be allowed to do the lead vocals on her own as a lead singer is supposed to.

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Been a fan of Lacuna Coil since early in there career. Just got my copy of Dark Adrenaline. Have only spinned it once. Haven't formed an opinion yet. First opinion it is a very different from past recordings. But on first opinion it's not bad

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online