L.o.v.e.

Grendal

Reaction score
right everyone, I'm looking for some help here to identify a song which I think comes from around 2000 or maybe early noghties( though I could be years out!). I first heard it as background music to some football footage on the programme on Saturday afternoon on the BBC which previews the day's football. The next time I heard it was when one of the female DJs from Radio 1 was being introduced when she was handing out gongs for some music awards ceremony and i thought "oh that's good, I wonder who that is."
I've never heard it since and its never really bothered me till i heard it on my car radio a couple of weeks ago when i was flicking through channels on my car radio. I flicked the dial trying to get a better signal and lost it and now, for some reason, I cant get it out my mind. Its like an itch I cant scratch and need to know what it is.
The trouble is, I know so little about the song, other than it is very good ( and therefore I assume, well-known) so here goes,
It is like something Pulp might have done around 2000 and, though i don't know the words i suspect they're slightly humorous and tongue-in-cheek. The main thing I remember is that the four-line chorus began with L-O-V-E with each line of the chorus having a word with beginning with L-O-V-E, you know the kind of thing, with the backing singers doing the L.O.V.E. bit and the lead voclist singing the line (or maybe visa-versa). Yup, sounds a bit cheesey but I think that's where the humour comes in. The other thing I seem to recall is that there's "a lot of words" in the lines like, for instance, say Get Out Of Denver though not so extreme.
OK I know I've not described it very well but I suspect it will be well-known to people who are more clued-up than me.
If anyone knows please scratch that itch!

Last edited:

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
The first thing that sprang to mind is this:

Bodyrockers - I Like The Way

However it's all 'like' rather than 'love'! But I can imagine it being played on a football recap and as background music for people coming on stage at, say, the Brit Awards, to give out gongs :)

I found this: BBC SPORT | Football | Match of the Day | Ask us about: Music details Maybe the song you are looking for is in there somewhere so long as it was a few years ago as they stopped updating the page in 2009.

Grendal

Reaction score
Thanks Tray75.

Many thanks for that Tray73. Unfortunately its not the one. The track I had in mind was a "smoother" less "clangy" style. I've not explained the L.O.V.E bit very well so I'll try again because it is the most distinctive part of the song.
Imagine a chorus:
Backing Vocalist "L"
Lead Vocalist "Loving you is all I want!"
B.V : "O"
L.V."OK, maybe not all but mostly!"
B.V. "V"
L.V. "Visually you're not bad looking!"
B.V. "E"
L.V. "Except, when your hungover on a Sunday morning"
Don't give up the day job, Grendal, I hear you say but you get the idea.
I'll give the BBC site a try, if only because it looks like there might be some good stuff on it.
Once again, thanks very much for your help.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online