Krokus (Official Thread)

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.
Re: Krokus

I had that album I think. I like Screaming In The Night a lot. I don't remember any others though. It seems I remember some band, maybe Motley Crue, having issues with that band. They were saying the singer looked like a pizzeria guy and generally ripping him. I think I saw them warm up for someone but I don't remember who.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

I had that album I think. I like Screaming In The Night a lot. I don't remember any others though. It seems I remember some band, maybe Motley Crue, having issues with that band. They were saying the singer looked like a pizzeria guy and generally ripping him. I think I saw them warm up for someone but I don't remember who.

Lotta you old timers seem a bit, eh....... iffy on the details?? :heheh::oyea:

Krokus definately deserve to be remembered for a lot more than just a couple of cover songs. They've got a string of rock solid albums that stand in their own right, imo.

taha

Reaction score

I'm tellin ya, get the EARLY STUFF !!!!
WOOF

tomcat

CRF Ex-Con
Reaction score
On a Misty Mountain overlooking Strawberry Fields.

Krokus definately deserve to be remembered for a lot more than just a couple of cover songs. They've got a string of rock solid albums that stand in their own right, imo.

Yeah, my memory sucks, and and I'm really ADD. I forget stuff constantly. But yes, I did have that tape. I remember a song called Eat The Rich...But that's the only other song that comes to mind. I'll have to google that album and refresh my memory.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Who you calling an Old Timer Flip?...:nw:

:heheh:, I have to admit I forgot about Krokus until Taha mentioned them somewhere else in the threads months ago, but since then I have added their best early albums and a couple of the newest releases to the library, but I haven't had time to really get an in depth feel for them yet.

flipflop

Prisoner of rock'n'roll
Reaction score

Takes one to know one, eh LG?! :heheh: Though I wasn't around before the Earth had fully formed - like some of you guys! :heybaby: - I'm no spring chicken either *coughs* :D

Here's a couple you should look for:

51I2aM4Xf7L.jpg

Krokus_Metal-Rendez-VousCD.jpg

Either one of the above will please most metal fans for sure - personally I like the albums both before and after these but the ones I listed is probably the Top 3 for most Krokus fans.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I'll have to check but I think I have "Headhunter" for sure...I'll be back later to update my "Krokus" collection, then you can point out what is missing and should be added.:grinthumb

Dairenn

Recording Artist
Reaction score

My dad bought Headhunter on Vinyl in 1983 (now lost, I now own the CD edition) and I and absolutely fell in love with drum tracks and melodies on those songs... These guys were songwriting geniuses, in my opinion. They built up so much suspense and intensity with songs like Eat the Rich, Stayed Awake All Night and Screaming in the Night. The guitar work on that album but it took me a couple of years to appreciate (basically once I became a player myself), but it was the gift that kept giving. That there were only 9 songs on that 38 minute album was a travesty. I could easily gone for more.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^You have inspired me to play Headhunter tonight Dairenn, sometimes I forget about all the music in the library and it takes a new arrival to jog my memory again.

:hab:

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score

Krokus is a pretty good band, they have went through a lot of different phases during their career but continue to survive.

I recommend the 2003 studio album, Rock the Block, to any fans who liked the earlier stuff. It is a surprisingly good later day effort for a band with as much member turnover as they seem to have.

The following year Krokus put out a double live album called Fire and Gasoline which has some great live versions of both old and new material. Same basic personnel as Rock the Block. Killer performances.

My favorite Krokus song was actually Speed Up from the Heart Attack lp. It was never released as a single but anybody can YouTube it with no trouble. The last couple minutes of the song are excellent.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online