KISS (Official Thread)

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
:pullhair:

Now I really feel old....but CONGRATS to Rock and Roll Over. Still as fresh today as when it was first released!!

:tup:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Wanna know something... RnR Over is probably the last album of theirs from the 70's that I got into. The 'first trilogy' (of course!), the 2 live albums, Destroyer and Love Gun from the 'second trilogy' and even Dynasty before I really could get into RnR Over as a full album. I really liked a couple of tunes, but on the whole, it took me a lot longer than the rest of their 70's albums.

:bonk: + :confused: = :heheh:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Really?? Not me...I remember feeling quirky as a kid with the opening to I Want You but after it kicked it I was all :pullhair:

Great experience to hear Calling Dr. Love, Take Me, Makin' Love.....all those cuts for the first time. Good times indeed!! :cheers2

Lynch

Reaction score
Yeah, I Want You, Calling Dr Love and Take Me were probably the 3 that I really liked right away, but Baby Driver, Mr Speed, See You In Your Dreams, even Hard Luck Woman, I was kinda like "WTF is this?"

Like I said... :bonk:

:lmao:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I was a little wierd with Mr. Speed..but I liked See You In Your Dreams right off. Funny story, when I was in grammar school there was this girl that I liked and I sent her a few poems. One of them was Mr. Speed. :bonk:

Teacher found it...parents were called up to school...yeah I got in trouble.

:oyea:

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Right??? There were a couple more..but hey...it's kids. Looking back though, I can see where the teacher wouldn't know the song and think..."What did he pass to her???" :eek:

For many of us that grew up on KISS...it's really part of our lives in sooo many ways.

:cheers2

Lynch

Reaction score
For many of us that grew up on KISS...it's really part of our lives in sooo many ways.

:cheers2

Hell yeah it is. I grew up with it and have never grown out of it either. Some of the most fun I've had in my life had KISS playing in the background. The most energetic and entertaining concerts I've ever been to have been KISS. Let the haters hate ... and for those of us that know better ... I raise my glass

:cheers:

All of my kids have been to KISS concerts as well. All have also talked about how great every one of them was. The oldest got to go to the first reunion tour, even before the wife got to go (saw them twice on that tour). :D

Reaction score
I remember that Rock and Roll over came out right after Kiss was on the Paul Lynde show for Halloween. My favorite song was Mr. Speed. Of the three after Kiss Alive, Rock and Roll over was my fave, closely followed by Destroyer. The video they did for Love em Leave em was excellent. Take me was another excellent song. They put the live version of that song out in 96. That song should have been on Alive II.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online