Killing Joke (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Killing Joke are described as an English post-punk band that had a major influence on industrial music, they actually formed in 1978 in London so we can call them a 70's band. They are alos classed as an alternative band and have influenced many major bands like Nirvana and Metallica.

There have been many members of the band over the years with Jaz Coleman and Geordie Walker being the only constant members.

Then band have released a number of albums and have evolved their sound over the years, they are still touring and have appeared at a number of festivals. I prefer their first few albums, I like some of their later stuff but not as good as their first few albums and the bass line from "Love Like Blood", their music is so different now...

Current Members

Jaz Coleman
Kevin "Geordie" Walker
Martin "Youth" Glover
Paul Ferguson
Reza Udhin

Past Members

Paul Raven
Ben Calvert
Geoffrey Dugmore
Nick Holywell-Walker
Martin Atkins
Dave Kovacevic
Ted Parsons
Dave 'Taif' Ball
Dave Grohl
Troy Gregory

Albums

Killing Joke (1980)
What's THIS For...! (1981)
Revelations (1982)
Fire Dances (1983)
Night Time (1985)
Brighter than a Thousand Suns (1986)
Outside the Gate (1988)
The Courtauld Talks (1989)
Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions (1990)
Pandemonium (1994)
Democracy (1996)
Killing Joke (2003)
Hosannas from the Basements of Hell (2006)
Absolute Dissent (2010)
MMXII (2012)

Requiem

Rapture

Asteroid

80's

Love Like Blood

Metal Head Mike

Reaction score
Really enjoy Killing Joke. First discovered the band back in 1988. Outside The Gate was first album I heard. Then I found there self titled debut. Been a fan every since

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
KILLING JOKEs 1st album is a classic, some really great tracks on there. The "Night Time "album is pretty good too ! :grinthumb
I did at one time own a few more of their stuff on vinyl but traded it in...I do recall owning "Whats this for? " album which was a bit of a let down.
Saw them "Live" in the 80s , must admit not payed attention to their recent material.

Marbles

Reaction score
Have been a fan for most of their career.

First saw the band headline the Friday night at Reading Festival in 1986. The best performances, IMO, were the Pandemonium tour in '94. Watford Colosseum on that tour remains one of my all time favourite gigs by any band. I've been a bit nonplussed with the live shows since the millennium, although none have been bad - haven't been over-impressed with the sound quality.

Albums have always tended to be a bit hit and miss. A real belter often followed by a fairly average piece of work. Even the bad ones are pretty good though.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I really must dig out some of KILLING JOKEs albums and give them a spin.
Heres another quality track :grinthumb

Kings and queens

mich

Reaction score
Killing Joke

Has anyone heard the self titled Killing Joke album I think released in 1993? I bought their last album 2012 and it sounds even slightly Pink Floydish. I do dig this band.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Killing Joke is such an underrated band. They've consistently released great albums, with the last two being up there among their best albums. On top of that, they are fantastic live.

They have a new album coming out this month (October 23). It's called "Pylon ".

Deluxe edition track list:

Disk: 1
1. Autonomous Zone
2. Dawn Of The Hive
3. New Cold War
4. Euphoria
5. New Jerusalem
6. War On Freedom
7. Big Buzz
8. Delete
9. I Am The Virus
10. Into The Unknown

Disk: 2
1. Apotheosis
2. Plague
3. Star Spangled
4. Panopticon
5. Snakedance (Youth 'Rattlesnake Dub' Remix)

PYLON-standard70.jpg

Two new tracks:

:bow::bow::bow:

I have no doubt this is going to be awesome!

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
The song "Iam the Virus" is superb ! The best thing I have heard from KILLING JOKE in years!! Should be a good album...:grinthumb