Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Newest album was supposed to have dropped about 2 weeks ago. I have only heard two songs off of it so far

KWS - The Traveler (2019)

Screenshot-2019-04-12-at-14.16.57.png

Woman Like You

Tailwind

Been listening to a fair amount of KWS again lately. I really hope this guy continues to turn out albums for another 30 years. I enjoy the music he's been putting out for his entire career.

Lynch

Reaction score
KWS did a hell of a job with the Joe Walsh classic, Turn To Stone, as the closing track to his latest album, The Traveler.

In my opinion, he puts in so much raw emotion into the solos io this classic track. :bow:

KWS - Turn to Stone

Also, I found out last night while digging around a bit, that KWS's first tour as an opening act back in the mid 90's (when Kenny was just 17) was opening up for Joe Walsh.

Lynch

Reaction score
Cool little live rendition of Blue on Black as well as Hard Lesson Learned, with just Kenny and Noah in a very intimate setting.

KWS - Blue on Black - 8/17/2017 - Paste Studios

KWS - Hard Lesson Learned - 8/17/2017 - Paste Studios, New York, NY

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
New album comes out November 17, 2023

IMG_0472.jpeg
first single: Sweet & Low

second single: Best of Times

newest single: You Can’t Love Me

Lynch

Reaction score
Got to see KWS earlier this year. 3rd row, left side of the stage, so he was right in front of us for the majority of the show. Absolutely OUTSTANDING concert. They played the entire Trouble Is album, and not in order, which made it a lot of fun. On top of that, they played a number of other great KWS tracks as well as some Jimi Hendrix and a few other things that I no longer remember. Concert started at 8:00pm sharp and they played until almost 10:10pm. NO opening band, just KWS and crew for 2 solid hours. Another treat with this show was that SRV's drummer, Chris Layton was in the band.

Easily one of the best shows that I've seen in the past 20 years. This was the first time that I've been able to see KWS live. I really wanted to see him in June of 2020, but we know how F'd up that year got, so it never happened.

Anyway, if you are a fan and have never seen him, I HIGHLY suggest getting out to a KWS show if ever possible. The man is an absolute beast on the guitar and he plays so effortlessly. You can feel his SRV influence in his studio work, but you can REALLY feel it in the live show.

10 out of 10 stars.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online