Kenny Wayne Shepherd

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Fantastic blues guitarist. Released his first album in 1995 at the age of 17. He was self taught, but has played with the heavy hitters in blues such as Bryan Lee and B. B. King.

My favorite release so far from KWS is his second album "trouble is" which was released in 1997.

Trouble_is....jpg

He hasn't done much in the past couple of years, he has been busy doing the "family" thing. :) Although he did make a fabulous DVD documentary on the Blues that was released in 2007.

Blue on Black

True Lies

Last edited:

TeleCat

Blackmore's Advocate
Reaction score
I saw him on the G3 tour in '97 or so. He replaced Eric Johnson on the final leg of the tour. Robert Fripp actually sat in for the encore where Satch, Vai KWS jammed on Going Down, My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Mama and another tune. So it was a very cool show.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He is talented no doubt about it, Magic told me about him months ago she is a blues/rock addict from way back.:phones:

rollingstoned

Queens of the Stone Age
Reaction score
Ive heard him on the blues channel i have on my tv. They play a lot of Kenny Wayne Shepherd and the derek trucks band

billtjr51

Reaction score
Fantastic blues guitarist. Released his first album in 1995 at the age of 17. He was self taught, but has played with the heavy itters in blues such as Bryan Lee and B. B. King.

My favorite release so far from KWS is his second album "trouble is" which was released in 1997.

Trouble_is....jpg

He hasn't done much in the past couple of years, he has been busy doing the "family" thing. :) Although he did make a fabulous DVD documentary on the Blues that was released in 2007.

I ordered "Trouble Is" & "Live On" from Amazon.

Last edited:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I ordered "Trouble Is" & "Live On" from Amazon.

You will definitely enjoy those albums. New music with an old classic sound :bow:

I don't know exactly what song they play (it's only 1 song by him) but I do like it.

It was probably "Blue on Black". That was the most commercially successful song from KWS.

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
I have not really listened to him but if magic recommends him thats good enough for me. I will give him a try.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online