Keith Richards not welcomed at Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary Celebrations

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Mick Jagger Forbids Keith Richards From Attending Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary Party

Rolling-Stones.jpg

Keith Richards has taught the rock world an important lesson: make fun of your lead singer’s little lead singer and you’ll be on the outside looking in at future celebratory gatherings. The Rolling Stones’ guitarist did that and called Mick Jagger “unbearable” in his book ‘Life,’ and now Jagger is seemingly retaliating by not letting Richards come to the band’s 50th anniversary celebration.

Jagger talked to Live Magazine about a potential celebration at the Marquee Club in London, the venue that hosted the Stones’ first gig. “Maybe we could go back to the Marquee to accept a plaque for 50 years of service instead of a tour. That could work – except Keith obviously can’t come. Charlie Watts can come but he wouldn’t get the plaque obviously.” Watts wasn’t with the band in 1962, but Richards most definitely was. He and Jagger were boyhood friends growing up in Dartford.

There were rumors of an anniversary tour, but that idea seems unrealistic as Jagger goes on to discuss his new project SuperHeavy and how his Rolling Stones’ bandmates have received the album. “Ronnie’s (Ronnie Wood) listened to it. He’s sweet, he’s very supportive. He liked it very much, he liked it all, particularly some of the first tracks we started with.

“And Charlie liked it. He’s all about the grooves, he’s got a great ear. I don’t know if Keith really listens to that much. I don’t know what Keith listens to. He says he listens to Chuck Berry, I wonder if it is actually true.”

If this whole rock ‘n’ roll thing doesn’t work out for them and the band is forced to retire before they can patch up their differences, we’ve got a great idea for a new project. The Bravo network would no doubt love a show called ‘House Husbands of London.’

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
WOW!!!! ON this news and that photo of Keith :peek

In all seriousness, I hope they patch this crap up...I'm soo tired of rock stars getting all mad at each other so late in their lives.

Not worth it. :grinthumb

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Oh dear... I've read Keith's book, and it's not as hurtful towards Jagger as either Mick or the media would have people know. One joke about a small member, which was like, one sentence, and everyone goes crazy. How.. shallow?

In fact, Keith, after describing some of his pet peeves towards Jagger, even states that Mick was like a brother to him and if anyone ever tried to hurt him, Keef would be there blocking the way.

I think Mick's either joking or overreacting. Both are equally plausible.

EDIT: Not that Keef's an angel or anything, far from it, but I don't think Mick's helping things at all here.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I got the feeling or share the same opinion that Mick is probably over reacting here.

aeroplane

In Urgent Need of Advice
Reaction score
Hopefully somebody's quotes were taken severely out of context here.

However, I am afraid that isn't the case. :rolleyes:

Garrett

✯ Blues Man ✯
Reaction score
Oh dear... I've read Keith's book, and it's not as hurtful towards Jagger as either Mick or the media would have people know. One joke about a small member, which was like, one sentence, and everyone goes crazy. How.. shallow?

In fact, Keith, after describing some of his pet peeves towards Jagger, even states that Mick was like a brother to him and if anyone ever tried to hurt him, Keef would be there blocking the way.

EDIT: Not that Keef's an angel or anything, far from it, but I don't think Mick's helping things at all here.

I read it too and came to the same conclusion!

Yeah, pretty much so!

The Stones with out Keith is just another Mick Jagger backup band that I can do without!

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
:eek:

I cannot imagine a 50th anniversay without all the Stones present...it took them all to get to this point in time.

I am like MP, those photos are great! I absolutely love Keith's look :heheh:

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
Richards has always been a straight shooter and he doesn't suffer egos. It's what I've always liked about him. Sure he could've been more tactful but this is Keith Richards were talking about.

There's one story that he related that always stuck in my mind about the difference between the two. There was some get together jam session involving The Rolling Stones and some of the J. Geils Band. Richards happy to accommodate other musicians as always while Peter Wolf bought with him a Jimmy Reed songbook. Jagger for whatever reason reacted dismissively and told Wolf it "wasn't needed"... Richards felt his Glimmer Twin's tone was inappropriate and called him an a**hole.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.