Keane (Official Thread)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Keane3Press050312.jpg

Official site

Wikipedia entry

I was surprised to see that there was no thread here for British band, Keane. They're one of my favourites. I really enjoy their music and lead singer, Tom Chaplain's soaring vocals.

Discography (Main studio albums):

1. Hopes And Fears (2004)
2. Under The Iron Sea (2006)
3. Perfect Symmetry (2008)
4. Strangeland (2012)

They also have a 'Best Of Keane' out now which may be a good starting point, although I would recommend to start with the first and best one, Hopes And Fears.

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I have their debut album. I actually didn't realise they had done more than two albums! There's some really good, super catchy songs on Hope and Fears, but this tune, in my opinion is the stand out track

Somewhere Only We Know

Lilly Allen actually did a really great cover of this recently, if you haven't heard it I recommend giving it a listen :)

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Somewhere Only We Know is indeed one of the best.

With the third album, Perfect Symmetry, they went all 80s synth on us. It took a little bit of getting used to but the album does have its gems like The Lovers Are Losing, You Haven't Told Me Anything, You Don't See Me, the amazing title track etc.

And with the fourth one they came back full circle and started sounding like Hopes And Fears again. It's also a good album but perhaps not quite as good as the first 3, in my opinion.

The 2 new songs from the Best Of are lovely melodious songs and exemplify the exact reason why I love this band's music so much!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online

No members online now.