Just read a bio about Charlie Watts

D

Dustybroom

Hi, I'm taking a break from so called "heavy" books and dipping into a few on all things rock & pop. I love the biographies best, also auto-biographies. Just finished one on Charlie Watts, a great guy, called "Charlie's Good Tonight". Just bought copies of a few of the Stones albums - up until now I have only had compilation albums. I've gone for a couple from the Mick Taylor era, plus "Aftermath".

Other big favorites are Dylan, Springsteen and Neil Young.

That's it for now.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum family!

You’re off to a good start with the Stones albums.

D

Dustybroom

Thanks for the welcome!

Just to say that one of the compilation albums I already had is Forty Licks, which I really rate. Spanning so many years and not one dud track.

17133518099647485085276766301873.jpg

D

Dustybroom

Just taken a short tour of the Forum and kind of miss some sort of "lounge" where you can waffle on about anything (OK, with a vague connection with rock music) or a section for books on the subject, recommendations. Waffling on is my medium for life in general. Recently I have tapered off from anti-depressants and now I actually take none, for the first time in more than 16 years or so. I tried to ditch them a couple of years ago but it ended in disaster, me taking double the dose come the finish. This time I was in consultation with my GP, who set the time-scale of reduction. I never actually followed her advice, only reducing by 10mg every month rather than the fortnight she advised. Apparently the manufacturers advise a weekly drop, which just goes to show.

Well, I'm off them now, touch wood, and often feeling very teary. Virtually reduced to tears this morning just reading through the lyrics of David Gray's "The One I Love" (wanting to learn it to play on my acoustic guitar, I've always loved the song) When first hearing the song I wondered what all the sound of bullets was about, and the tracers in the sky, and found that it's all about a guy breathing his last breath after being shot in some conflict never actually identified. The bit that gets me is how, with his last dying gasp, he doesn't have visions of heaven or hell, just the memory of a dance he once had with the one he loved, the love of his life. And all the things he might have said to her. Well, at 74, coming on 75, I think maybe I'm learning to say those things. It's never too late to learn.

As I said, I tend to waffle. I sit down in McDonald's with a coffee and it all pours out. Any way, a great cartoon of dear old Keith Richards....

17131010378836373876598895805167.jpg

I mentioned reading a bio of Charlie Watts, and it was in this that I read a story about Keef in his library, on steps, reaching and stretching up to get a book on anatomy by Leonardo da Vinci from the shelves. He slipped and did his collar bone. Keith reports that while he never got the book, he learnt a lot about anatomy!

Well, it made me laugh, which often doesn't come cheap in this world of ours.

Sorry to take up so much space here, if it's out of order tell me.

Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
After you make a few more posts, you will be allowed to join the rock lounge.

magicmoments

Reaction score
Hi, this is Dustybroom. I have re-registered as magicmoments as suddenly every attempt I made to access anything on the forum was met with a message saying "oops you cannot access this" or somesuch. If I have been banned as Dustybroom or whatever, please explain. I do have mentalhealth issues (nothing serious) and this sort of thing can be debilitating. Pleas explain. Thanks. Or it is goodbye.

CrazyConnie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi magicmoments,

I sent a message to our Administrator.

She pops in a few times a day.

So hang tight so she can read my message and see what happened.

Connie

magicmoments

Reaction score
Hi magicmoments,

I sent a message to our Administrator.

She pops in a few times a day.

So hang tight so she can read my message and see what happened.

Connie
Thanks Connie. I logged out as Dustybroom and then tried logging in again, but told that my password was incorrect. I reset it, but using the new one I got the same message that it was incorrect! Not sure what is going on, and I find it unnerving.
17135499984595822740679370273465.jpg
Yes, I'll hang tight. Thanks.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online