Judas Priest (Official Thread)

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Just saw on the JP facebook page a 30 second preview of their upcoming song Lightning Strike from the album they have coming out later this year, Firepower.

30 seconds isn't a lot to judge a new song on, but I do like what I'm hearing so far. Really looking forward to the new album

JudasPriestFirepower.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
By the way, they just announced their show here in town (well, announced it last week). Opening bands are Saxon and that semi- Thin Lizzy band, can't remember the name of them off the top of my head. The band that tours as Thin Lizzy, but I guess the new music that they've recorded, they do under a different name, like Black Earth Riders (or something like that).

Small show though. General Admission and for someone like myself with lower back issues (couple of bad discs plus nerve dmg), I may not be able to do this one. :(

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
By the way, they just announced their show here in town (well, announced it last week). Opening bands are Saxon and that semi- Thin Lizzy band, can't remember the name of them off the top of my head. The band that tours as Thin Lizzy, but I guess the new music that they've recorded, they do under a different name, like Black Earth Riders (or something like that).

Black Star Riders! They also supported Priest (along with Whitesnake) when I saw them in Vienna, Austria in 2011. Back then, they were still calling themselves Thin Lizzy. I thought they were awesome, but I think they might be even more fun now that they have three albums of their own material to play. I'm a huge fan of Saxon and they always deliver live. Great line-up all around.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
https://metalwani.com/2018/02/judas...h-parkinsons-disease-will-not-tour-again.html

Ten years ago, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton was diagnosed with the onset of the early stages of Parkinson’s disease. From then until recently, the 70-year-old musician has lived his life as the great heavy metal guitar player he has always been, maintaining by his own definition a standard of quality and performance that is incredibly important.

Right now, Glenn is able to play and perform some of the PRIEST songs that are less challenging but due to the nature of Parkinson’s progression, he wants to let the fans know that he won’t be be touring with the band.

True to the metal spirit of “the show must go on,” Glenn has requested PRIEST producer and HELL guitarist Andy Sneap to fly the flag on stage for him.

Glenn said: “I want everyone to know that it’s vital that the JUDAS PRIEST tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band — it’s simply that my role has changed. I don’t rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some PRIEST! So at some point in the not-too-distant future, I’m really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once again.”

Tipton‘s PRIEST bandmates had this to say: “We have been privileged to witness Glenn‘s determination and steadfast commitment over the years, showing his passion and self belief through the writing, recording and performing sessions with PRIEST. He is a true metal hero!

“We are not surprised by Glenn‘s insistence that we complete the ‘Firepower’ tour and thank Andy for joining us to make Glenn‘s wishes become real.

“As Glenn has said, we also can’t wait to have him with us at any time any place on the road. We love you, Glenn!”

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
May as well call it a day for the Judas Priest name. I'd like to see Halford continue a solo career anyway tbh. He's put out good material.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online