Judas Priest (Official Thread)

2LITTLETIME

Reaction score
GOOD stuff but i dont like the production-bass drum is so mechanical sounding.the cd is a keeper though.

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
As one might be able to gather from the fact they have support, the time Priest will be onstage is being cut down according to an interview with Ian Hill (yes, he can speak apparently!) to 105 mins, down from 140 mins on Epitaph and roughly the same as their Angel of Retribution tour. I hope as a result they just cut all the build up and extravagant endings to songs (like making Hell Bent for Leather about twice as long as the studio version etc) and get in as many songs as possible instead of cutting five or more songs but still playing about with whammy bars for five minutes...

rocknroll

Reaction score
One of the best 70's and 80's metal bands.

My collection:
Sin after sin
The best of Judas Priest
Stained class
Hell bent for leather
British steel
Point of entry
Screaming for vengeance
Defenders of the faith
Metal Works

All albums well worth listening to, my favorite being Hell Bent for Leather.

I also have a couple of dvds - not sure of the titles at present.

:geetar:

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Interesting points. What did you think of particularly Crossfire's guitar sound?

I really dig it, actually I like just about everything about that song. It reminds me of the first time I came across "The Rage" on British Steel. A song that sounds out of place, but the band really kicks ass.

The song sounds like a cross between metal, blues, stoner metal and almost has a bit of a funky groove to it. Really hard to nail down what they are doing here, but this song got my head and body moving the first time that I heard it.

Anyway, I love the guitar tones in this one, both the lead and backup rhythm as well as the lead solo sound.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I really dig it, actually I like just about everything about that song. It reminds me of the first time I came across "The Rage" on British Steel. A song that sounds out of place, but the band really kicks ass.

The song sounds like a cross between metal, blues, stoner metal and almost has a bit of a funky groove to it. Really hard to nail down what they are doing here, but this song got my head and body moving the first time that I heard it.

Anyway, I love the guitar tones in this one, both the lead and backup rhythm as well as the lead solo sound.

Yeah I agree, that was the vibe I got off that song and really love it.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Just watched this list on a pop culture youtube channel I frequent. How accurate do all of you find it. Granted they rate chart success but they do tend to take fan favorites into account as well! :)

Watch Mojo Judas Priest Top Ten

Also, I only own one non-Judas Priest album outside a hits comp but I like this bonus off of Screaming For Vengeance! :grinthumb

Prisoner Of Love

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I tend to enjoy hearing or seeing lists that have a bit less of the typical fan favourites to be honest.

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
I tend to enjoy hearing or seeing lists that have a bit less of the typical fan favourites to be honest.

Agreed. If you took into account musical composition, complexity and skill above listenability then it would be a much better list. How on earth do you justify putting Living After Midnight above Victim of Changes and Beyond the Realms of Death?! :confused:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CelinaByb7

Members online

No members online now.