Judas Priest (Official Thread)

wolfsblood

Reaction score
Re: Judas Priest

You still have the cassette Wolf? I wished I still had my vinyl copy...but at least the CD sounds great.

Sounds like a great way to spend a night Thumper.:tup:

I lost that cassette years ago but I've got the remastered CD now. Awesome album!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

Okay after my personal favorite Priest studio album came "British Steel" in 1980. This album catapulted JP to the big leagues as well as being a Monster as far as influencing the entire NWOBHM movement. A little more accessible than their previous albums this one gave them two hit songs, and they began headlining their own tours. Plenty has been written about this record and it's historical impact, but I just think it Kicks Ass!...:heheh:

Metal Gods. (Some fans speculate that this song was written with the intention of providing the band with a nickname.:tup:)

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

Question for you LG without me looking it up but did British Steel come out BEFORE "Hell Bent For Leather"??? I just remember I wasn't impressed a whole lot with Hell Bent over British Steel..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

The sequence is as follows:

Hell Bent For Leather(My Favorite:D)

Unleashed in the East (Live)

British Steel (The album that gave them a larger audience.)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score

The sequence is as follows:

Hell Bent For Leather(My Favorite:D)

Unleashed in the East (Live)

British Steel (The album that gave them a larger audience.)

Well there you go.. I don't have "Unleashed " and MP got onto me about that.. But it proves why I didn't really like Hell Bent all that much.
I felt that JP was kinda changing..
Their earlier stuff was just so Raw..
And finally when British Steel came out.. I was all happy to hear Metal Gods, Living After Midnight, Grinder, Breaking the Law.. And the great tune.. You don't have to be old to be wise..
Excellent LP..:grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

They changed their sound quite a bit on British Steel, intentionally to try and broaden their audience. I bought it on vinyl when it came out, but I will always love Hell Bent...the most. Still BS is The album that smashed the doors down for Priest and it's reverberations echoed down the metal corridors for years afterward. :guitar:

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score

I'm just starting to get into Judas Priest after obtaining their greatest hits. Normally I'm not much of a metalhead, but they're pretty cool so far :D

T_Dude

Reaction score

British Steel is definitely the album to start with.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

JUST found this thread. Subscribing so I can add in some of my own opinions at a later time.

Judas Priest is one of my alltime favorite bands with Halford probably being my #2 favorite vocalist just barely behind Ronnie James Dio.

ROCK ON!

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

I'm just starting to get into Judas Priest after obtaining their greatest hits. Normally I'm not much of a metalhead, but they're pretty cool so far :D

You and I share a love for good prog and if you're getting into Priest I would say wrap your head around Sad Wings Of Destiny (their second album) as there is alot of interesting stuff on there.

Sin after Sin as well. Here is a side of Priest that many may not be aware of.

Epitaph

Last Rose Of Summer

Here Come The Tears

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online