Judas Priest final show of the "Epitaph" tour filmed for DVD

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

JUDAS PRIEST: Final Show Of 'Epitaph' World Tour Filmed For DVD Release - May 28, 2012
British heavy metal legends JUDAS PRIEST played the final show of their "Epitaph" word tour this past Saturday, May 26 at the Hammersmith Apollo in London, England. The sold-out concert was professionally filmed for a 2013 DVD release.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Rapid Fire
02. Metal Gods
03. Heading Out To The Highway
04. Judas Rising
05. Starbreaker
06. Victim Of Changes
07. Never Satisfied
08. Diamonds & Rust (JOAN BAEZ cover)
09. Prophecy
10. Night Crawler
11. Turbo Lover
12. Beyond The Realms Of Death
13. The Sentinel
14. Blood Red Skies
15. The Green Manalishi (With The Two Pronged Crown) (FLEETWOOD MAC cover)
16. Breaking The Law
17. Drum Solo
18. Painkiller

Encore:

19. The Hellion (taped intro) / Electric Eye

Encore 2:

20. Hell Bent For Leather
21. You've Got Another Thing Comin'

Encore 3:

22. Living After Midnight

Fan-filmed video footage of the show can be seen below.

Regarding JUDAS PRIEST's farewell world tour, singer Rob Halford previously said, "We're pulling out all the stops. We've built a brand new stage set, we've got all the effects that people love us for — the lasers, the fire, the bombs, the smoke, new costumes, and the bike. It's just a full-on metal extravaganza."

As for whether this is really the end of JUDAS PRIEST's touring days, guitarist Glenn Tipton said, "We don't plan on retiring. We've said that this is our last world tour. It takes a chunk out of your life — 18 months. We won't be doing any more world tours as such and in many parts of the world, it will be the last time people will get a chance to see us. But we're not gonna stop. We've got an album in the can now, we will start to write with [new guitarist] Richie [Faulkner], there will be more albums, and who knows?! There might be a string of dates that we can manage to do. We're just not gonna do another major world tour. We've been doing it for 40 years and it's time to let the younger bands have the chance."

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
nice set list. That fan-made version at the bottom of the post is good, so with the full-on production the band had in place, this will likely be a GREAT show to view. One more JP DVD for my shelf and viewing pleasure when this is released. :D

:oy:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Probably pick this up myself, the set list is fantastic, although I would have played "Green Manalishi..." as an encore followed by You Got Another Thing Coming to close the set.:hb:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I was there, absolutely mental gig. Metal Gods, what a tune.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yup!! The set list looks good!! Another Judas Priest DVD for me!!! :woot:

I ALSO enjoyed the fan made clip!! CAN'T WAIT! :cheers2

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnfkdg

Staff online

Members online