Journey (Official Thread)

Trickster

Reaction score
January 2018 is the 40th birthday of Infinity

R-1306413-1275339504.jpeg.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_(Journey_album)

Winds of March

The one that started it all, the first CD that put Journey on the map with Steve Perry as lead singer. You have there radio hits "Lights", and "Wheel in the Sky", and you also have the ones that can hold there own like "Patiently", "Somethin' to Hide", and "Winds of March". And it all just get's better from here. One of the best Journey album's. This is where good music lived..... ooooohhhhh anytime that you want me....

StreamingTodd4545

Reaction score
I knew if I looked hard enough, I would find a thread for Journey. One of my all time favorite classic rock bands.

Anyways, I have seen them in concert 7 times, all with Perry. From the Infinity tour to the Raised on Radio tour, there was never a bad show, and they always had great opening acts (Loverboy and Glass Tiger come to mind right away).

As to the current version of Journey, well, Arnel isn't a bad singer, but he's not Steve. They just played Lolla in Chicago and Arnel's age is catching up to him; he struggled to hit the notes that he used to hit.

I've also seen two tribute bands (Escape and DSB) and neither of them sang anything before Infinity or after Trial by Fire. I don't think that's a coincidence.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
What makes “Don’t Stop Believing“ so great?

the story behind this song is interesting….

and the song break down is cool.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@recgord27 i’ve been a Journey fan since my teens.

here is a video of Journey induction into hall of fame 2017

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
The Escape album was very popular when it was released. I would spend much of my money buying albums of a few other bands so it was years before I bought any Journey albums.
I think by the time of Escape and Frontiers, the group had become hugely popular and I remember even playing the full size Journey arcade game; completing different challenges to collect instruments for the band.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I have Evolution, Infinity, and Raise On Radio on vinyl, Escape on compact cassette and compact disc and the Time 3 and Essential collections digital files.
I have seen them live twice but neither time with Steve Perry as the singer.

recgord27

Walking down a dusty road
Reaction score
@recgord27 i’ve been a Journey fan since my teens.
Same here. I was still a young hooligan at school when Infinity came out. I remember when "Wheel In The Sky" came out because it was so unlike anything at the time. I remember a party at the time where the dj played it about eight times during the course of the evening. Great times. Been a fan since then, especially the Greg Rollie/Steve Perry era albums. They've definitely stood the test of time.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online