Journey - Eclipse

Rockperson

Reaction score
Looking around the forums seems to suggest that this album is now available to buy or acquire.

Has anyone heard this album yet and any initial thoughts?

After reading the MR 100% score I`m intrigued to see this is an overflated score.

I`m hoping it`s as guitar driven as the reports suggest. :)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I think it may have leaked but I can't be too sure on that.

The release date is supposed to be tomorrow in the states, and on the 27th for the UK

It has been scheduled for release in the United States on May 24, 2011 exclusively at Wal-Mart, and in the United Kingdom on May 27, 2011.

Rockperson

Reaction score
/\ /\ Thanks for the info, made me laugh when reading on some forums that this is the best ever Journey album or certainly top three after just a couple of listens. It takes me years :D

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Yeah, considering how many albums Journey has released, it would take me a while as well to rank the albums. I haven't heard this album yet even if it's been leaked, but once it's released, I may give it a spin to see how it is.

If I were to estimate though, it takes me a couple weeks or a month or two to really get the feel of the album. Not saying it's because I don't enjoy an album right away, I just split my listens of certain albums apart from each other, so when I go back to them, they are refreshing.

Mr. T

Reaction score
This leaked several days ago and I have given it numerous spins. I'm very impressed with it. It is definitely a guitar driven album, the most so since Frontiers. Arnel Pineda sounds great, slightly less of a Steve Perry tribute than he sounded before but still utilizing a brilliant range. There are still some ballads but it's the hardest thing they probably have ever done IMO. I'd definitely suggest checking it out.

Rockperson

Reaction score
^ ^ Sounds like it will suit me fine, I`m a massive Journey fan but always like Schon to rock out as much as possible. I`ve got it on order, 30th May, a long time to wait and I`ll be seeing them on June 5th.

I did play repeatedly the 5 songs they played live and were put onto Youtube, liked the sound of them but guessing the studio versions will be superior.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I trust your judgement TUИEZ so i'll probably end up getting a copy for myself as well when it's released tomorrow.

Mr. T

Reaction score
NP... yeh I like it when Neil shines also and he's shredding it up pretty good on this one... more like Soul SirkUS or Hardline in that regard. You should like it methinks. :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I am with RP I usually won't say anything about a new album until I have listened to it a few times.

I haven't picked up a Journey album in years, I even thought Steve Perry was still in the band until Magic tuned me in...she's a Journey fanatic, almost as rabid about them as she is when it comes to Aerosmith.:lmao:

If it's a hard rockin' guitar driven record, then I'll check it out myself.

Mr. T

Reaction score
I've given it 6 or 7 spins LG and I'll def be picking up the hard copy. Not what you would expect from them on several levels...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online