Journey drummer ordered to perform community service & anger management classes

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

JOURNEY Drummer Ordered To Perform Community Service, Attend Anger-Management Classes - Feb. 22, 2012
According to StatesmanJournal.com, JOURNEY drummer Deen Castronovo was ordered to perform 80 hours of community service and attend anger-management classes as part of a plea deal in connection with a domestic-violence incident last month.

The 47-year-old musician was charged with recklessly endangering another person, interfering with making a police report, second-degree criminal mischief and harassment.

Castronovo was arrested on January 21 for allegedly assaulting his former girlfriend. TMZ.com reported that Castronovo "also received additional charges when he took the phone away from the woman while she was trying to call her father."

The woman told police that she and Castronovo had been involved in a three-year relationship, but split up about four weeks prior to the altercation.

A representative of Castronovo's claimed the altercation was "a misunderstanding that should not have been escalated to such a level in the first place."

Castronovo's booking photo can be seen below.

deenmug.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Re: Journey drummer ordered to perform cummunity service & anger management classes

Not surprised, hope they both move on and leave this in the past after he gets through the mandatory anger management classes.

Although I find all these therapy sessions dodgy myself. It's more likely the Shock and Awe of being arrested will have a lasting effect than counselling will.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: Journey drummer ordered to perform cummunity service & anger management classes

Maybe this might do him some good.......

Hydrazoic Acid

Skeptic
Reaction score

Good luck to you, Dean!

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score

I can say in complete confidence that unfortunately a lot of the time anger management classes do absolutely nada and if they weren't mandatory most people wouldn't even go to them to better themselves for the people around them. Hope he learned his lesson though. I have no tolerance for people who resort to violence no matter what gender they are. There are more constructive ways to prove a point and conduct oneself rather than resorting to caveman behavior.

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Let me get this straight....anger management classes for a guy who makes a living beating the crap out of a virtually indestructible drum kit with two pieces of wood?? Well that's the criminal justice system for you I guess, I've read about rapists who took a plea and were back on the streets in 8 years. I mean it's just pathetic, Community Service these days is like a holiday camp, so this guy assaults a girl - and several other charges - and he gets to spend a few hours a day picking up litter as a punishment, then they send him off to classes where they sit around in a circle pouring their hearts out to other dead-beats and drinking coffee. Whatever happened to chain-gangs?

Last edited:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
So let me get this straight.. Neal Schon is the only original member of Journey today???
:fapa

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online