Johnny Thunders Daddy Rollin' Stone EP

rtbuck

Reaction score
s-l225.jpg

Good EP featuring 4 tracks from Johnny Thunders "So Alone" sessions.
Just like his previous vinyl EP from these sessions these 4 tracks haven't been released until now. The original release of So Alone featured different versions of 2 of the tunes(Daddy Rollin' Stone(the old Derek Martin tune) & London) & a different version of Hurtin' appeared as a bonus track on the cd. The real gem here is the tune "New York" which is basically an electrified version of Cosa Nostra which was on his acoustic album Hurt Me. The tune is actually very similar to the old Howlin' Wolf tune Spoonful written by Willie Dixon. Thunders had performed Spoonful live many times & it appeared as Spoonful on a couple of Live releases. Spoonful has also been covered by many artists including Pat Travers, Cream, Ten Years After, Ronnie Wood, Joe Bonamassa...etc.

All 4 tracks feature Johnny Thunders on guitars & vocals, Phil Lynott on Bass & backing vocals, Henri Paul on guitar & Mike Kellie on drums
**It's also available at ITunes**

rtbuck

Reaction score
Nice Buck; if i come accross this one i'm definately picking up a copy

Jim

Supposedly anytime now there should be a double vinyl record set of So Alone which should be great but don't know if it will be available in the US :mad

In April a cool vinyl album of more sessions from 1978 will be released & also a cd & book will be released later

mrJim

Reaction score
Yeah since the "looking for Johnny" documentary there has been a bit of jump in releases. Someone obviously thinks it may be worthwhile to dust off some stuff they had hidden away.

It's all good though, it's nice to pick up some Thunders in 2015-16 right ?

Jim

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online