Jimmy Hendrix Letter To Father,

Jack D.

Reaction score
I remember listening to Jimi way back when. We were sitting in my friends bedroom with his black light posters and his strobe lights listening to CCR, and Jimi Hendrix. I remember listening to "All along the watchtower" for the first time and being totally amazed with it. And it was written by my favorite song writer no less. Now Jimi is gone, my friend is gone. Jimi's music is still here and lots of good memories. There must be someway out of here. Said ther mugger to the thief.

willg54

Reaction score
jack, nice to meet someone else who has a deep appreciation of jimi . . .just had to be there, huh! welcome to the forum. :)

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
well, I think he got caught up in the spirit of the times. I seem to recall that him and Janis were pretty close together. You know how young people are, they think they're gonna last forever, think they're indestructible. They really didn't have the examples that we do now of what that lifestyle can do. For better or worse, part of his and Janis legacy is now providing that example for others.

I mean, that guy was just getting STARTED!!!

willg54

Reaction score
jimi was just like the rest of us, well, maybe not everyone on this forum . . ..but anyway, he smoked weed, drank, dropped acic . . .and like many people, he threw up when he was unconcious . . .unfortunately for him, he was laying on his back, and he aspirated his vomit into his lungs .. .and, the dumb bitch he was with that night was too dumb to do anything for him, and she waited too long to call for an ambulance . . .what a dumb ******* bitch .. .anyway, jimi lived life to the fullest, and fortunately for those of us who love him still, he left us with creations in music that will never be paralleled. . .thanks jimi .. . :( we miss you . . .

willg54

Reaction score
ooops . . .no, he didn't drop acic, I believe it was ACID . . .anyway, I think it mite hav bin Kath who tod me it ws oky to mak speling erors here . . . "I'm the one who has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I WANT to . ." jimi h.

Her

Reaction score
willg54 said:
jimi was just like the rest of us, well, maybe not everyone on this forum . . ..but anyway, he smoked weed, drank, dropped acic . . .and like many people, he threw up when he was unconcious . . .unfortunately for him, he was laying on his back, and he aspirated his vomit into his lungs .. .and, the dumb ***** he was with that night was too dumb to do anything for him, and she waited too long to call for an ambulance . . .what a dumb ****ing ***** .. .anyway, jimi lived life to the fullest, and fortunately for those of us who love him still, he left us with creations in music that will never be paralleled. . .thanks jimi .. . :( we miss you . . .

Its a shame that some of the most talented artists throw their lives away. And its still happening! At the same time, Jimi was just getting started, and look how famous he is today!!! Some of the oldest bands aren't even that well known as Jimi's is.

Drummer Chris

Reaction score
That letter is really cool to read and seems right in the spirit of the mid-60's which was more about hard reality and survival than the peace and love trip that started happening soon after.One of the people Hendrix backed up was Little Richard which must have good stage experience for any guitar player; I heard that Jimi had to really do some wild solos just to compete with Little Richard's wild singing; performing and piano playing

Martha Washington

eat it! it's GOOD for you
Reaction score
something I like about this letter is how mercenary some of the early songs seem in this light.
"Purple Haze", "Foxy Lady"
I think you could make a case that these are the mid sixties equivalent of Chuck Berry's cars and maltshops.

I love those songs.
still, the letter gives them, I think, a sort of journeyman quality that I like.

on the other hand, maybe he was just running damage control on how his dad might react!

in any case, timeless tunes and a great talent.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peeterparker