Jimi Hendrix murdered by manager says roadie

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No but my gf's a dental hygienist with honours:):)

Congrats to your gf :) I wonder how many people she encounters in her job that have severly bad breath? That would absolutely gross me out :D

I am a Nurse, and I have seen it all!!!

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Congrats to your gf :) I wonder how many people she encounters in her job that have severly bad breath? That would absolutely gross me out :D

I am a Nurse, and I have seen it all!!!

She has seen it all and beyond I assure you. So if you are a nurse, you should also know that 90% of CSI and the likes is total b***sh*t or like some people like to call it, petty entertainment:bump::cheers:

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Oh but so fun to watch! It is only TV, but I think it is harmless and I like watching it :D

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
My understanding is Jimi was worn out from touring and wanted to expand his music. He intended to play with the Gil Evans Orchestra but died before they ever hooked up. Jefferies was basically taking everything Jimi had and Jimi wanted out of his contract. Jimi partied hard but knew his limits. This had to be murder.

http://47west63rd.blogspot.com/2009/01/gil-evans-orchestra-plays-music-of-jimi.html

This is an interesting album on RCA CPL1-0667 from 1974 that has always peaked my curiosity.. The story goes that Gil Evans had spoken with Jimi Hendrix about recording an album where Hendrix would play his guitar while Gil Evans would create orchestral arrangements to back him up.. Given Gil Evans' track record for example creating the highly succesful partnerships with Miles Davis (i.e., Porgy and Bess, Sketches of Spain, etc.) this would have seemed like a very interesting partnership..Its also of note that supposedly Miles Davis himself had been talking with Jimi about working together.. In any case Jimi passed on before either partnership could happen.. Fast forward a few years later and Gil Evans put together an album of orchestral versions of the music of Jimi Hendrix... Its always interesting to hear these adaptations of material one is so familiar with...I note that the arrangements for most of the songs were done by members of the Gil Evans orchestra and not the svengali himself who only arranged "Castles Made of Sand" and "Up From the Skies".. I've never enjoyed Gil Evans' work and find his critically acclaimed work with Miles Davis to be snoozer and this album did nothing to change my opinion... Fun to listen to once or twice and put away..maybe if I were a DJ it would be fun to place this somewhere in the set and wait for people's faces to light up with "I got it!" recognition but thats about it..$5

gilevans.jpg

the70srock

Reaction score
I don't believe that it was his manager... monica was under the radar for a long time and kept changing her story. tell me that isn't suspicious. they went to a party before he went home, had a couple of drinks, and as the police report states, took perscription sleeping pills too hammered to realize that alcohol & Sleeping pills=:bu:

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Didn't read the thread, but I'm sure it's been said already: Guy's just making a buck and if it was real then there would be charges made (or at the very least we'd be hearing about it in a newspaper instead of in a book).

But I always think of Jimi when Petty sings in the song Joe "We'd move catalogue if he'd only die quicker, send my regards to the gig and a case of good liquor." I don't know why.

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
These are not new rumors and I really think there is some truth to it.

pistolpete

Reaction score
But I always think of Jimi when Petty sings in the song Joe "We'd move catalogue if he'd only die quicker, send my regards to the gig and a case of good liquor." I don't know why.

I always think of Jimi when I hear Neil Young sing "The Needle and the Damage Done" when he says "Every junkie is like a setting sun." He was absolutely beautiful as a person and as an artist, but he didn't last long because of drugs. I never really heard these rumors before. I agree that there would be more buzz about it if there was truth in it. He wouldn't be coming out with a book 40 years later. He would have gone to the authorities when he found out.

hawk11

Reaction score
I'd be the first to admit that some conspiracy theories are plain silly while some aren't if you bother to do the research and weigh both sides of the argument.

I remember this guy I use to work with years ago who said on a few occassions that the CIA took out Jimi Hendrix which to me didn't make sense being Jimi wasn't known to be a radical say like John Lennon. Though more recently have read that Hendrix was involved with the Black Panthers towards the end of his life.

Anyway below is a pretty interesting documentry claiming that he was murdered :

Also here's a interesting book to check out where some of the theories are more plausible than others :

waronrock.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Staff online

Members online