Jeff Buckley (Official Thread)

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
:grinthumb

Was just thinking how sad it is when people do pick Hallelujah somehow BOTH Cohen and Buckley versions get skimmed over by some version from a reality show or some other version altogether. I have to introduce the original and best cover to way more people than I could ever imagine. Sad! :/

Totally agree with you...:bow:

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
:grinthumb

Was just thinking how sad it is when people do pick Hallelujah somehow BOTH Cohen and Buckley versions get skimmed over by some version from a reality show or some other version altogether. I have to introduce the original and best cover to way more people than I could ever imagine. Sad! :/

I agree. Love Leonard Cohen's but Jeff does such an amazing cover.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
just playing "Live Al Oylmpia" what a breath taking supersonic live showmen, pure genius what a sad ending for what a short life of some much wonderous music...

Velvet Groupie

Easy Rider
Reaction score
I'm a huge Jeff Buckley fan (I'll show you my Jeff collection at some point lol.)
I first heard his music in...2014/2015 (can't remember exactly) and funnily enough at first I didn't really like his music. I found it too mature and slow however I listened to Halleljuah on repeat because that was the only song I liked. Then I decided to give his music another chance and then I got obsessed real fast lol.

What I loved about Jeff as a person was his humble and geeky personality. He was just an overall nice guy, ya know?
Music wise, I thought he was just incredible. Once minute he could sing a classical piece like 'Dido's Lament' then the next he could sing the song 'Kick Out The Jams'. He was very talented, very experimental.

My all time favorite song is 'Mojo Pin' specifically the 'Chocolate Version' which is on YouTube.

Here's a Bob Dylan cover he did. :)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online