Jeff Beck (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Jeff Beck

Tal was with Jeff last summer, we saw them at Manchester she was great absolutely rock solid and really laid back like there was no effort but what she was doing was fantastic.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

Yes, I saw that VH1 at Ronnie Scott's and Tal was the main bassist for the 25th anniversay Hall of Fame concert.

She is an excellent bassist, and her solo blues CD is great. :)

Rocker440

Reaction score

I've been a Jeff Beck for many years now. Starting with his time in the Yardbirds. Although his guitar playing and sounds were fairly simplistic, imo, at that time he was both innovative, creative and also had a cool, unique style. Also, he could make very unique sounds with his guitar, equipment and effects, too.

I became more acquainted with his music listening to many of his solo albums. Of those, I have quite a number of them. The Jeff Beck Group, Beckola, Truth, Blow by Blow, Live with Jan Hammer, There and Back, Flash and Guitar Shop.

I believe Jeff Beck has continued to evolve both as a guitarist and musician over the years. I enjoy many of the cool sounds he makes with his guitar playing and styles, whether using a guitar pick or using his fingers. If I remember close to correctly he used the finger picking style on 'People Get Ready' with Rod Stewart doing the vocals on the Flash album!

Imo, Jeff Beck is a very talented, skillful, creative and influencial guitarist! :tup:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Jeff Beck is the cover feature of the February 2010 issue of the "Record Collector" magazine that I just bought:

JEFF BECK “I HAVEN’T GOT CLOSE TO MAKING THE SORT OF MUSIC I’M CAPABLE OF”

Attachments

• Record Collector.jpg
    Record Collector.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 46

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Jeff Beck is the current feature of a two-part "Legends of Classic Rock with Jeff Woods" show which is syndicated by Q107 in Toronto. The show runs for an hour on Q107 Sunday evening at 9:00 PM and is then repeated the following Saturday morning at 9:00 AM.

Legends of Classic Rock -Jeff Woods

Attachments

• beck 5.jpg
    beck 5.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 42

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Here are Jeff Beck and Jimmy Page together doing "Beck's Bolero", "The Immigrant Song" and the "Peter Gunn Theme":

:guitar:

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Jeff Beck will be performing two shows at 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM on June 18th at Kodak Hall of the Eastman Theatre in Rochester, New York. Those should be fabulous all things considered.

Attachments

• A Eastman.jpg
    A Eastman.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 38
  • A Eastman 2.jpg
    A Eastman 2.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 38
  • A Eastman 3.jpg
    A Eastman 3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 38
  • A Eastman 4.jpg
    A Eastman 4.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 38

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

Jeff Beck will be performing at the Fillmore in Detroit, Michigan on Sunday, 20 June 2010 at 7:00 PM.

Attachments

• Fillmore 5.jpg
    Fillmore 5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Fillmore 2.jpg
    Fillmore 2.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 35
  • Fillmore 4.jpg
    Fillmore 4.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 35
  • A Fill.jpg
    A Fill.jpg