Jeff Beck (Official Thread)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Re: Jeff Beck

Well don't just stand there. Pick up one of the albums on which he plays! While some may differ, I like this one:

51W8fuWwI%2BL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

:heheh:

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score

I love Jeff Beck and have all his stuff, except the last live on which I am looking at getting the Blue ray of. I have seen him twice and I can say he is something else, Buddy Guy supported him in Liverpool and Jeff finished off his show with "somewhere over the rainbow" on guitar, it was unforgettable, will take this to my grave!!!

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

I'll be seeing Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton, alone and together, in concert this coming weekend. Evidently no self-respecting concert hall would have them so they've been booked to a facility that was built for the playing of hockey games! :wtf:

Attachments

• Air canada.jpg
    Air canada.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I remember those gigs Sweat he was incredible and so was Buddy Guy. Jeff used only a few effects as I remember the sounds came for the most part from his finger tips. Played like he was born with that plank strapped across his back.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

What do you guys think of Jeff Beck's Bass prodigy, Tal Wilkenfeld?

tal-wi.jpg

coverpb3.jpg

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score

I've read great things about Tal's playing but I haven't had the opportunity to see her play yet. She didn't accompany Jeff at the Air Canada Centre last Sunday and the previous times I saw Jeff were before her time.

:dunno:

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score

I'm going to see Jeff Beck on the 31st March. I don't know if Tal will be touring with him. She's Australian so maybe she will. I'd really like to see her.

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score

tal-wi.jpg
Is that the same girly bassist from Jeff Beck's gig at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London that has been on VH1 recently? If so, I think her bass playing was a bit too understated, though no doubt she would have to be a competant bassist just to be playing on the same stage as Beck.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online