1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton in Toronto!

Discussion in 'Live Concert Reviews.' started by Foxhound, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

And here are some pictures of a younger Jeff Beck. In most of his pics from Yardbird days, he's the brooding, intense one. The other Yardbirds were somewhat intimidated by Jeff since he came off as a street thug while they were more middle class art school types.

Attached Files:

2. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

Last week's joint concert appearances by Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck have landed them the cover of the current March 4th issue of "Rolling Stone". Here's a teaser about the article from the magazine's website:

Attached Files:

3. Flower

Flower retired

Nice thread Foxhound!

I have to make this comment ~ On this cover of "Rolling Stone" ^^^^ ~

Eric Clapton reminds me of a slightly batty University professor.

:heheh:

4. gguerra

gguerra Senior Member

I see those early pics of Beck show him playing a Les Paul.. Didn't realized he played one back then. I thought he was a Fender aficionado

5. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

Jeff has switched back and forth over the years, and even over the course of the same show! He's actually quite the collector of vintage guitars - and he plays them all.

:guitar:

6. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

There was a phone in poll on Q107 here in Toronto on guitarist Kim Mitchell's show about thirty minutes ago in which Eric Clapton handily disposed of Jeff Beck.

But Kim himself said that the result should have been the opposite had the vote been based on the concert at the Air Canada Centre a few weeks ago. Kim said that Eric was listless and just went through the motions which is something that he can recognize since he's a performer himself. Jeff's performance, on the other hand, was energetic and dynamic; he took risks and he delivered full measure. All in all, Jeff simply blew Eric away that night.

Kim must have read my review I guess. :guitar:

Attached Files: