Janis Joplin (Official Thread)

LillyDallas

Reaction score
Hi there !

Does someone can give me some informations about Janis' Egorock ? Meanings etc ?
I can't find anything on my french websites haha

Thanks everyone :)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi there !

Does someone can give me some informations about Janis' Egorock ? Meanings etc ?
I can't find anything on my french websites haha

Thanks everyone :)

The song appears on the In Concert album of 1972.

The song is about her childhood home Port Arthur, Texas. Evidently, she didn't like Port Arthur, and didn't have anything nice to say about her home in Texas. She sings about the pain she felt there as a youth and her strong desire to get out of Port Arthur. The song also hints at her struggles in Port Arthur with being a ******* and feeling the pressure to find a man.......

79e81e5d62a7adf10bbb419be3f16eb7.jpg

2263428195_1c7ce11669.jpg

3f3b91a0b85fae899e11b4b47ce7c73e.jpg

Joplin was 4 when her family moved into the house that now has a historical marker. The family moved out of the house in 1975 after her death.

I hope this information helps you...

bohohippybeatnic

Reaction score
cat power to narrate new janis joplin documentary from director amy berg
the musician, aka chan marshall, will read joplin's letters for the film

chan marshall, aka cat power, has been tapped to provide voiceover for director amy berg’s forthcoming janis joplin documentary. Entitled janis: Little girl blue, the film will hear marshall reading letter joplin wrote to lovers and family members.

Janis also features footage from the 1967 monterey pop festival, woodstock, and 1970’s festival express. Interviews with friends and family, as well as her rock ‘n’ roll peers, are interspersed throughout.

“after attempting to get this film off the ground for seven years, i am ecstatic that the film is finally ready to be seen,” berg said in a press release. “this has been a labor of love and i cannot wait to share janis’ unique, intimate story with the world. Chan marshall (cat power) has delivered a beautiful, introspective voice of janis’ by reading her letters.”

the doc will premiere at this year’s venice film festival in an out-of-competition screening. With support from the joplin estate,

berg is known for directing such documentaries as an open secret and west of memphis.

link: cat power to narrate new janis joplin documentary from director amy berg | consequence of sound

awesome! Must see!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online