Jack White suffering from vocal problems

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
I just got this email newsletter. From the sound of it, it appears he has vocal nodes, which can be really serious if not treated immediately:

The White Stripes are unfortunately postponing their upcoming Japanese tour dates because Jack White is suffering from an acute vocal cord problem.

As part of his treatment, the doctors have instructed Jack not to speak or sing for the next 2 weeks.

We sincerely apologize to our Japanese fans and friends and hope to reschedule dates as soon as we can. For our friends in New Zealand and Australia, the band looks forward to seeing you at the Big Day Out.

Thanks,
The White Stripes newsletter team

Music Wench

Rock and Roll Grandma
Reaction score
Yikes!!! I had those once. Had to have surgery to remove them - well, I didn't HAVE to but at the time I was still working in radio and that would have really killed any potential career I wanted so....

I think Jack needs a vocal coach. You get those from not using your voice properly. It strains the vocal chords and causes the nodules to form. That's what I was told back when I got them in the early 80s. Contrary to what my father thought, it wasn't from talking too much. :D

Zombeels

Reaction score
Meg will have to sing all the songs on the next album.

Martin Q. Blank

The Happening
Reaction score
Music Wench said:
I think Jack needs a vocal coach. You get those from not using your voice properly. It strains the vocal chords and causes the nodules to form.

Yes, that's absolutely true. And anyone who's heard Jack White sing can tell he's definitely not using his voice properly. (Then again, what rocker does?)

H

halcyon days

Martin Q. Blank said:
Heh, well...I am guilty of loving the Meg.

i know some folks say she is not much of a drummer, but i just read a jeff beck interview a few weeks ago where he played with her and said she is really great

Riordan

GALLAGHER FAN
Reaction score
I think she fits well in the set up.

Soild enought to not let Jack down, but not anover-powering presence either.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online