Is There Anybody On Here Into EDM Or House Mix Music??

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
As the title states EDM is Electronic Dance Music.. Basically I have really over the years got into Club music.. Some call it Rave others call it EDM..

But this is just a test to see if it would be worth the time to post some International DJ's who I've been getting into their mixes.

These guys basically do everything with a "Controller" .. But they play to large crowds and of course age is generally younger..

But I'm in the process of buying my first controller and making my own music.. I can already mix music on vinyl and have a great set up to do that.

A controller is all digital and samples with added drum beats with software to work with songs.. Quite the un-taking..

If Some of you want to have some fun tunes to listen to.. I'll start a thread and feel free to jump in and have fun.. This is NOT DISCO!!

This is a DJ named CID.. Funny thing is, He's deaf and still can work with music..

dr wu

Dr Prog
Reaction score
I'm not but my grandaughter and boyfriend are and go to Chicago for various events featuring EDM.
She even bought one of those keyboard mixing things to make music with computer programs.
She showed it to me and explained it but meant little to my analog brain. :(

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
I'm not but my grandaughter and boyfriend are and go to Chicago for various events featuring EDM.
She even bought one of those keyboard mixing things to make music with computer programs.
She showed it to me and explained it but meant little to my analog brain. :(
AWESOME!! My daughter has one and I kid her about try doing that on my turntables.. Some of these DJ's made BIG $$$ doing events..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
In Case some are wondering why such long intro's, it's because when your mixing two songs together you have to link up the BPM (Beats Per Minutes) with both songs

and then you have a few margins of over lapping to set up for your time to mix in.. You have to be able to listen to one song in your headphone and the one playing live.. Smooth mixes are a must or you get booed..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
They like RL GRime and Skrilex,,,,,Jules.... Excision.
@dr wu OK are you ready for this!! Even in EDM there are several genres they go by..

RL GRime is a famous DJ
Example:

Skrillex Is a famous DJ.. His channel has 20.5 subscribers.. He's more into Bass and Drum..
Excision is another BIG event DJ..

What happens allot is these DJ's pair up to do events with other DJ's..

This is one of the highest paid DJ's out there.. Marshmello..As of March 2024, Marshmello’s net worth is $50 Million, making him one of the richest DJ's in the world.

@Magic .. Listen to the Marshmello video with your headphones on.. A GREAT example of panning left to right sound.. A DJ's controller has a function to do that with any song.

Last edited:

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
There is a channel on YT called Profound that features REMIXES of popular songs. These remixes are exclusive to the profound channel.

Jesse Jonez & Patrick Coles are a couple DJ's who I like their style.. More Rave style music..

Slipn

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Biscits Remixed Justin Timberlakes new song..

This is the original song and video so you can see what a DJ can add to a song..

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online