Is Alice Cooper Metal

taha

Reaction score
Any want to put A.C. in the Metal category ? I would have to say he misses Metal by a hair. His biggest hits are hard pop rock at best. Tho I think the band rocks like a mofo on many other songs, they're a little shy of the metal genre. ok,flame away..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
That is a good question, BOC, Deep Purple and AC all have metal in their music.

I think you could make a winnable argument for him to be in the Metal Arena, I watched an excellent documentary last year about the state of metal music in the world today, and when Alice was interviewed he was laughing about how every Black/Death/Doom metal band he meets treats him with reverence, they worship him. So if they think he is part of their family that is enough for me.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I'm givin' Alice the metal nod. I met the man and he was metal enough for me. (We're not worthy) :heheh:

:grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Alice Cooper being the first to introduce horror imagery to the world of rock n' roll and forever change the genre.........which is from Rolling Stone Mag, not me........

Is all the evidence I need to put him in the category of metal.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Alice Cooper being the first to introduce horror imagery to the world of rock n' roll and forever change the genre.........which is from Rolling Stone Mag, not me........

Is all the evidence I need to put him in the category of metal.

That...distorted guitars,heavy driving songs...long hair....ect. ect.

:grinthumb :cheers:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Alice has strong lyrical prowess ... He's an amazing artist to say the least..
I too get the Metal persona he emits..
Theatrically he is unique and yet he's right up there when he wants to be with bands like Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Kiss.. when it comes to bringing out a metal masterpiece..

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
The definition of "metal" has changed over the years. Back in '71 Alice as a very versatile metal artist. Nowadays I classify him and a number of other once metal acts as simply "rock". I'd say put him in either because he's flexible like that. Granted many of his more unmetal songs like "You and Me", "I Never Cry", and "Only Women Bleed" are some of his biggest hits...I suppose it really just depends on which album we're talking about. Ones like "Lace and Whiskey" or "From The Inside" are very unmetal, but on the flipside there are those like "Brutal Planet" and "Dragontown" so......yeah....

taha

Reaction score
He looks metal, sounds metal in his interviews, dresses metal, but I still don't feel the metal thru the music, very heavy at times tho.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Metal totally accelerated to what it is today.
It's kinda like Pat Boone trying to change his image to a Rocker.. Alice just didn't care to change his image or his music to BE the same as today's metal bands..

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Metal totally accelerated to what it is today.
It's kinda like Pat Boone trying to change his image to a Rocker.. Alice just didn't care to change his image or his music to BE the same as today's metal bands..

Well in the early 00's he sort of went the way of modern metal, but I think that was just Alice experimenting with different styles as he had in the past. I love that Alice has never sold out. He's tried different styles over the years but he knows that he has enough loyal fans that he doesn't have to try to impress people by writing songs that the charts will love. Alice's last hit was 20 years ago and he's still as big as ever with the greatest live show on the planet.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online