Iron Mountain Experimental Celtic Rock from Ireland

Quibbleknott

Reaction score

Just a post to see what viewers think of this idea of ours. We are a six piece instrumental group form Limerick,Ireland. This is a video of a track we recorded live in one take at the same location. Any thoughts or feedback we be appreciated.

Do you think this is the correct section for this thread?

Last edited:

acsherman

Reaction score
I, for one, think this is a brilliant idea. I have been searching for / wishing to do Irish folk instrumentation in experimental rock or indie rock for a long time. An Irish Sigur Ros, if you will, or perhaps more in the direction of doing with Celtic folk music what Beirut and Calexico do with Eastern European folk and Mariachi music respectively. You should listen to those three bands if you aren't already familiar with them. I'd love to hear more!

acsherman

Reaction score
p.s.,
and of all my findings up that alley, yours has perhaps been the only serious music I've heard. There are hyperactive "Celtic Rock" groups galore (which are just rapid bagpipes with uncreative heavy metal backup), and there are Celtic Pop groups that cater to sentimental pop lovers (e.g., The Corrs). But you guys seem like real artists to me, I hope you're still going.

Quibbleknott

Reaction score
p.s.,
and of all my findings up that alley, yours has perhaps been the only serious music I've heard. There are hyperactive "Celtic Rock" groups galore (which are just rapid bagpipes with uncreative heavy metal backup), and there are Celtic Pop groups that cater to sentimental pop lovers (e.g., The Corrs). But you guys seem like real artists to me, I hope you're still going.

Thanks for the kind words. We are still going. We've been working hard on an album for the past three months now and hope to have it ready for release come the summer. If you want to follow our endeavours feel free to 'like' our Facebook page or if Facebook is too evil try our Bandcamp . Nothing new posted yet but there will be soon.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online