Iron Maiden (Official Thread)

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Iron Maiden, the first band I was a fan of! :) Saw them 3 times, in 2008, 2010 and 2013. My favorite albums are Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.

Seen them twice ..Powerslave and Number of the Beast for me. Favorite band along w/ Black Sabbath

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
28 Years of Somewhere In Time

stepcousin

stuck in the 70's
Reaction score
Just finished spinning the LP's Killers and Somewhere In Time. How amazing is this band, they still blow me away even after hearing these for the thousandth time. They are truly a band deserving of every accolade and award they have ever received. Nothing but the utmost respect for Iron Maiden from me.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Just finished spinning the LP's Killers and Somewhere In Time. How amazing is this band, they still blow me away even after hearing these for the thousandth time. They are truly a band deserving of every accolade and award they have ever received. Nothing but the utmost respect for Iron Maiden from me.

Well said. Maiden has always maintained a level of musical integrity that can't denied.

Love them or not, they command respect.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't say always. Virtual XI was far from musical integrity. lol Worst album they ever wrote much like what Demolition was for Priest except Demolition was another league of shit.

Pappy

Reaction score
Wouldn't say always. Virtual XI was far from musical integrity. lol Worst album they ever wrote much like what Demolition was for Priest except Demolition was another league of shit.

I know I shouldn't but I really like Demolition. I tried to not like it but dammit just can't. Virtual XI on the other hand is trash

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Seen them twice ..Powerslave and Number of the Beast for me. Favorite band along w/ Black Sabbath

I saw them on the beast tour as well...In Toronto at Massey Hall and a few months later when they opened for Judas Priest in Buffalo. One of the best shows I've ever seen.

Pappy

Reaction score
Was listening to some post reunion Maiden today and that made me think. Has there been a more successful band reunion than Maiden? They didn't come back for just the nostalgia. They came back with four incredible albums. They sound better live today than they ever did in their "classic" 80's period. They play to bigger crowds than they ever did.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
Was listening to some post reunion Maiden today and that made me think. Has there been a more successful band reunion than Maiden? They didn't come back for just the nostalgia. They came back with four incredible albums.

Judas Priest? Rob came back and they've put out 3 new studio albums, 1 new live album, a concert DVD/blu-ray, they've been nominated for multiple grammy awards with at least 1 win.

Yeah, definitely Judas Priest! Maybe not "more successful", but no less successful than Maiden.

:oy:

Pappy

Reaction score
Judas Priest? Rob came back and they've put out 3 new studio albums, 1 new live album, a concert DVD/blu-ray, they've been nominated for multiple grammy awards with at least 1 win.

Yeah, definitely Judas Priest! Maybe not "more successful", but no less successful than Maiden.

:oy:

Oh yes! Priest's return has also been so good. I consider their 90's period better than Maiden's but Maiden's reunion slightly better than Priest's. Maiden's material has been stronger and they continue to sell out wherever they go. I saw Priest in 2012 in a half empty minor league hockey arena which is just a shame. I thing the real problem with Priest is their management. Musically they are as good as ever.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FernandoRu

Members online