Into The Void (Soundgarden vs Exhorder vs Kyuss vs Monster Magnet)

Which Cover Do You Like Best?

• Total voters

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Let me say Comfortably Numb I really enjoyed listening to these covers. BLACK SABBATHs "in to the void" is a real metal classic, so no easy order.
Each band contributed some fine touches...I even warmed to MONSTER MAGNETs trippy version.
I really thought SOUNDGARDEN would have "nailed" this... I was expecting this to be the best..........so Im surprisingly going for KYUSS [ just ! ]. I like the bass sound keeping with Sabs original

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
They're all good but I go with Exhorder here. Their version is just crisp and tight and it rocks the hardest!

And I know... it's Sabbath. It's not necessarily supposed to be "to the tightest goes the spoils." I mean it's supposed to have a sludgy groove to it. That's why I was expecting to like Kyuss's version the most. But I think their version was actually my least favorite. It just felt thinner than I was expecting. Maybe if Sleep did it that would be my favorite. Or Weedeater.

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
They're all good but I go with Exhorder here. Their version is just crisp and tight and it rocks the hardest!

And I know... it's Sabbath. It's not necessarily supposed to be "to the tightest goes the spoils." I mean it's supposed to have a sludgy groove to it. That's why I was expecting to like Kyuss's version the most. But I think their version was actually my least favorite. It just felt thinner than I was expecting. Maybe if Sleep did it that would be my favorite. Or Weedeater.

Yea I was thinking the same thing about Sleep or Weedeater. I found a Melvins version of it on youtube. Sounds great, but the quaility of the sound on the video makes it sound meh. So I did not put it up here.

joe

Reaction score
I think Monster Magnet's version is terrific. They take a whole different approach to the song than the other three as basically thier versions are chord for chord, note by note as the original. MM almost makes me feel I'm in that void with that space/psych/stoner ambience.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
trippy hippie song yeah man!

wonderous four covers of the classic Sabbath Song ( Into The Void )
all four are awesome but because of the vocal delivery its Soundgarden

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviraPeth

Members online

No members online now.