Info on the new Classic Rock AOR Magazine

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Out now!

The brand new edition of Classic Rock Presents AOR is on sale now – with a cover that celebrates KISS’ career in the 1980s.
Stumbling into the new decade, Kiss ditched their iconic make-up and changed tactics to survive the 80s.

In an epic 12-page feature, we tell how Paul Stanley led Kiss’ MTV revolution. Discarding founder members Ace Frehley and Peter Criss, the reinvented, reinvigorated band tore up the Top 40 with a string on AOR-friendly anthems including Reason To Live, Forever, Tears Are Falling and many more…

Also in AOR: a brilliant FREE CD titled Silk + Steel featuring 15 hot new melodic rock anthems, including tracks from UFO, Alfonzetti, Beggars & Thieves, Casablanca, Sencelled, De La Cruz, Sunstorm, Strangeways, The Magnificent…

Elsewhere in AOR:

Loverboy – Canada’s blue-collar rockers chart their long journey to the Rock’n’Roll Hall Of Fame.

Air Supply – AOR’s soppiest superstars swear they’re a rock’n’roll band, not just multi-platinum balladeers.

Mike Tramp – Arriving penniless in New York in the 70s, White Lion made Mike Tramp a rich man. But did success make him happy?

Christian AOR – Petra, White Heart, Stryper… We meet the bands who played AOR for the glory of God.

Mama’s Boys – Only bad luck and agonising tragedy could keep the brothers McManus from the big time.

Timothy B. Schmit – The Eagles/Poco bassist retraces his charmed life within West Coast rock’s highest echelons.

Little Angels – Reunited for Download, Jepson and co tell us how and why…

Spider – From South Africa via NYC and, bizarrely, Shanghai: a web of AOR intrigue is deftly spun.

Plus – features on Joe Lynn Turner, Backseat Sally, Dwight Twilley, Candy and Mark Spiro; new albums from UFO, The Morning After, Mr Big, Strangeways, One Man’s Trash, Drought and Lillian Axe; reissues from Jo Jo Gunne, Autograph and Gamma; live reviews of Def Leppard, Chickenfoot, Reckless Love, Bryan Adams and Paul Rodgers; Canadian AOR Buyers Guide featuring Triumph, Honeymoon Suite, Harlequin, Toronto…

All this and more in AOR issue No.6, on sale now.

Classic Rock

AOR-Kiss-top.jpg

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've never read CR Presents AOR, but it looks good to me. The CD looks interesting too.

I can recommend Fireworks magazine, which is mainly melodic rock but also includes heavy and progressive rock. What I like is their positive approach to established bands and that they encourage new groups/musicians.

I haven't read this edition, but it looks good:

Z-DAYLIGHT-FRONT-MOUNT-CD-1024x725.png

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rascal_212

Members online