Indus Creed - The classic Indian rock band!

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
I would like to share with you all, the music of a band that we in India grew up with.

8_154974231244047_125050820903055_334737_1371607_n.jpg

Originally called 'Rock Machine' when they formed in the 80s, these guys were largely responsible for popularizing classic rock in India. MTV of course played a huge part too when we got satellite television around 1991 or so. But the importance of these guys cannot be underestimated.

Over the course of the late 80s and early to mid 90s, they released 3 albums:

Rock n' Roll Renegade
The Second Coming
Indus Creed

I think just before that 3rd album, they had changed their name to Indus Creed, in order to have a more Indian name. They had a whole bunch of hits in that era. Here's a couple:

Pretty Child

Trapped (Go to 1:27 directly if you just want the song and don't care for the video intro)

Then they disappeared for a long time, changed their name again around 2000 or so, did some fusion work playing hindi songs in rock style, some of which was also very interesting.

Then suddenly out of the blue, they came back in 2012 again as Indus Creed and released an album called 'Evolve'. Influenced by prog bands like Porcupine Tree and Rush, the album was mixed by Tim Palmer (Pearl Jam, U2, Robert Plant, Ozzy Osbourne, Porcupine Tree).

Here are 2 great songs from Evolve:

Fireflies

Dissolve

Let me know what you all think of this band.

Musikwala

Popmartian
Reaction score
Let me tell you a bit about the songs I posted on the first post...

If you're a fan of Porcupine Tree, there is a good chance you will like both Fireflies and Dissolve. Fireflies is more subdued with almost Steven Wilson-like vocals and acoustic strumming. Dissolve is more epic and it sounds like a cross between 80s guitar rock and Porcupine Tree.

As for the older songs, they don't sound quite as obviously like other bands. Pretty Child is very melodious with both guitar and sax. It is probably my favourite Indus Creed song. Trapped is a spooky little funny song and video with some great drumming and guitar interplay.

Here's another one. This one definitely has some Pink Floyd-like atmosphere going on:

Take It Harder

There is another song called No Disgrace where they sound like a combination of Rush and Dream Theater. But sadly I cannot find that studio version on youtube. There are live versions available though.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HildredLad

Staff online

Members online