If this is the future of bass playing? shoot me now.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would rather listen to an echo chamber that Lars' Dad talked about than this. lol

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
While the way he's controlling it seems pretty new/unique (touch pad video screen?) synthesizers that use a guitar as the controller are nothing new, they've been around since the 80s. Keyboards are the most common controller for synthesizers but anything can be a synth controller. The fact that someone uses a bass guitar synth doesn't spell the end for bass guitar any more than keyboard synthesizers have stopped everyone from playing piano.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score

Guitar Hero, let me introduce you to a Casio Keyboard. Casio, this is Guitar Hero.

9 months later, this bastard child of GH+Casio is born and people will claim it to be cutting edge. Bullshit. Avant garde? Hell no. Shit? Yes, in a single word, YES!

Geddy Lee and some other bass players latched on to the midi bass for a while back in the 80's. There's a reason they didn't continue with it. Cutting edge? At the time, perhaps. Did it sound better than what they were using? Nope.

If it ain't broke, don't "fix" it. :bonk:

architect

Supine In The Sunshine
Reaction score
The motto of YouTube is “Broadcast Yourself”.

A wonderful sentiment sure, but it presupposes that everybody does, in fact, have something vaguely worth broadcasting.

And in common with 99% of the stuff on there, this guy doesn't.

I saw this today and thought it was somehow appropriate:D

internet-geeks.jpg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online