Identifying a rock song

kronborg

Reaction score
Hi.
I know I am taking a long shot here, but I was at a bar last night, where I heard a song on the radio/jukebox I would like to identify. The place was stuffed, so I didn't have a chance to hear the lyrics so I could Google the song. I will describe it as good as I can, and hopefully someone can help me.

Judging from the sound of the production the song was definitely from the 1970's. Then I remember towards the ending (or maybe through the whole song) there was some lead-singing, with "responses" in the form of Queen-ish vocal harmonies. The piano featured a major role in the song. The song was uptempo, and not in shuffle. Short before the ending I noticed a break in the music featuring a synthesizer fill, sounded like a minimoog, or something like that.

It sounded a little glam rock-ish, but not too much rock, kinda like some Queen songs.

Am I just taking a long shot here, or could you help me identify this?
My hopes are that the description of the vocal harmonies along with the synthesizer fill/melodi short before the ending will help.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Hi.
The piano featured a major role in the song. The song was uptempo, and not in shuffle. Short before the ending I noticed a break in the music featuring a synthesizer fill, sounded like a minimoog, or something like that.

This narrows it down too, oh, around 200,000 songs from the 80s.

jjd1103

Reaction score
Maybe "Cold As Ice" by Foreigner?
It isn't glam-rock, but that's the first thing I thought of with the piano/answer-response.

Last edited:

kronborg

Reaction score
Maybe "Cold As Ice" by Foreigner?
It isn't glam-rock, but that's the first thing I thought of with the piano/answer-response.
I think we are getting close. This was not the song I heard, but it's a good song anyway. It was a bit more uptempo and a bit "happier" in the general mood. I will sure have to check out some more Foreigner!

jjd1103

Reaction score
I think we are getting close. This was not the song I heard, but it's a good song anyway. It was a bit more uptempo and a bit "happier" in the general mood. I will sure have to check out some more Foreigner!

Oh, gotcha.
Can't go wrong with Foreigner! Make sure to tell us what song it is once you find it if someone on here doesn't figure it out.

jbro952

Reaction score
I think i am looking for the same song. does one part of the song do a piano that is 8th notes constantly and moving around chords, any then goes into a harmony group singing the same notes? i think its on some comercial

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusanStone

Members online

No members online now.