I love Foghat's "Fool For the City" album, which other one(s) should I get?

Diamond Reo

The Ultimate Warlord
Reaction score
A year or two ago, I bought Foghat's 1975 album Fool For the City. It was a solid album (barring "Take It or Leave It"), and I'm considering buying another album by them because they rock. Which other album(s) would you recommend?

E-Z

Reaction score
A year or two ago, I bought Foghat's 1975 album Fool For the City. It was a solid album (barring "Take It or Leave It"), and I'm considering buying another album by them because they rock. Which other album(s) would you recommend?
Hey dude you gotta get Foghat Live from 1977 it's actually a 'killer live album' even though it was possibly only put out to keep the fans happy or the record company wanted some 'product' released I don't know the background on this particular Foghat album but it's a good listen from start to finish with 7 live tracks in all. The lead off track Fool For The City is a killer song played live and finishes off with a great version of Slow Ride.

I remember hearing on the radio when 'Lonesome' Dave Peverett from Foghat died back in 2000.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Foghat Live is one of those 'cool live albums' from the 1970s that bands and record companies use to release and is a bit like the Johnny Winter Captured Live album from 1975 with both albums kicking off with a up tempo rocker and then never letting up until crossing the finishing line!!. Both the Foghat & Johnny Winter live albums sound like they were both recorded in a open air stadium possibly during daylight in front of an enthusiastic crowd judging by the photographs on both album covers.

Last edited:

E-Z

Reaction score
Foghat Live is quite possibly one of the greatest live rock albums ever recorded!. Ok it's probably not in the same league as Deep Purple's Made In Japan (1972) but it's in the same league as Johnny Winter Captured Live (1975) & Pat Travers Live!. Go For What You Know (1979)

TheMeaning

Reaction score
Agreed: 'Foghat Live' is an iconic, 70s Live Album that should be in everyone''s Collection.
Re: The Post about 'Stone Blue' - Another solid release - worth it for the 'long' version of the title track alone
which feature one of the late, great Rod 'The Bottle' Price's best-ever bottleneck slide guitar solos!
(The abridged, shortened version appears on nearly all of the Foghat best of/compilations, and does not do this song justice)

Reactions: E-Z

joe

Reaction score
Foghat Live. Thier s/t debut would be my second recommendation behind Fool for the City for studio albums.

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
Pat Travers Live!. Go For What You Know (1979)

OY!!!

I thought I was the only one that knew about this smoker!! A true guitar lover's live album. This is one of those hidden gems you can put on and play in it's entirety and never be bored.

Travers & Thrall put on a duel attack that never lets up.

Now I know what I'll be listening to on the ride to work Monday.

Thanks, E-Z!

E-Z

Reaction score
OY!!!

I thought I was the only one that knew about this smoker!! A true guitar lover's live album. This is one of those hidden gems you can put on and play in it's entirety and never be bored.

Travers & Thrall put on a duel attack that never lets up.

Now I know what I'll be listening to on the ride to work Monday.

Thanks, E-Z!
Your welcome Vehicle.

Pat Travers along with Pat Thrall, Mars Cowling & Tommy Aldridge it's a KILLER ALBUM that burns from start to finish.

"From the streets of Toronto to the streets of London!. Here to kick your arse PAT TRAVERS!!.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online