I haven't heard this in ages !

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
A thread for some "Golden oldies" that you might have caught on the radio lately....

I heard this , welsh band RACING CARS "They shoot horses dont they" Not heard this in years !!

Tray73

இڿڰۣ-ڰۣ—
Reaction score
I caught this on Kerrang radio the other morning - they were doing a 'guess the year' thing. I'd not heard it for years and years, and remembered how much I liked it.

Cult of Personality - Living Colour

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good call Tray! ...and a good track...got one of their albums at home. What ever happened to LIVING COLOUR ?...[ goes to look on wiki ]

.....yep still going

Last edited:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Took me a few minutes of racking my brain to remember the first of these, though I heard it a few weeks ago on radio while I was driving, and it actually made me pull over the car and listen, as it took me back to my youth in England, and it always moved me so much...the second track is better known (Simple Minds) and I heard it on TheSoundLA 100.3 the other day...both are beautiful and very involving, about loss, and war, and innocence, and remembrance, though about very different eras (World War 1 in the trenches, and the Ulster/Northern Irish 'troubles' during the 1960's up to the 1990's)...two tracks where you really need to listen to the lyrics as carefully as you can to appreciate what great songs they are. Simple Minds have produced some stunning music over the years, and these days are off so many people's radar, though there was a time when they were one of the biggest bands on earth, this track of theirs for me is I think one of THE most moving and emotional singles of my lifetime.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Nice one Sweat

Havn't heard this one in a while from Stretch.

"Why Did You Do It ?"

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
You'll hate me for posting this here, but I've always loved Gwen Dickey's voice and it's produced by the great Norman Whitfield. When I heard it on the radio, the DJ spoke over the fast bit at the end, which really annoyed me!

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
I just heard this on a Dutch TV station - If Only Had Time, and I really haven't heard this in ages :).

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
STRETCH ? crikey havent heard of them for years Sox...yep that was a top number....made me think about another forgotten 70s band A BAND CALLED O [ Later named O BAND.....Not heard this in years !
I did at one time own one of their albums.This song was originally done by Humble Pie

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online