Hooverphonic

snakes&ladders

Reaction score
Loved and still love this band from Belgium.......psychedelic musaic for the mYnds and bodies of the new millenium:):)

Hooverphonic is a Belgian rock/pop group, formed in 1995. Though early on categorized as a trip hop group, they quickly expanded their sound to the point where they could no longer be described as a lone genre, but rather encompass alternative, electronica, electropop, rock, and mixture of others.. The band originally called themselves Hoover, but later changed their name to Hooverphonic after discovering other groups were already using the Hoover name and to avoid any legal issues with the vacuum cleaner company.

On 10 October 2008, Geike Arnaert, the lead singer of the band, announced she would leave the group by the end of the year to pursue her solo career. Arnaert wants to focus on her solo career and has been working on solo material for a few months.[1] The last concert of Hooverphonic with Geike happened on 13 December 2008 in Tele-Club, Ekaterinburg, Russia. It was filmed by local MTV station and will be shown on Russian TV in 2009.

Hooverphonic have said that they are currently searching for a new singer. Auditions were held through their website but it is not known whether a new singer has been selected.

Zombeels

Reaction score
I have 3 of their CDs. I like their version of The Kinks "This Strange Effect"

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
^^^The internets do wonders for music, OB. There is so much music I would not even know existed if it weren't for the internet.

Hoverphonic is pretty mellow stuff. And this is what is considered pop music in Belgium? It is a far cry from the pop crap the USA feeds people. :D

Oblivion

Reaction score
^^^The internets do wonders for music, OB. There is so much music I would not even know existed if it weren't for the internet.

Hoverphonic is pretty mellow stuff. And this is what is considered pop music in Belgium? It is a far cry from the pop crap the USA feeds people. :D

It isn't really "pop". Rather Ambient-Pop (read: for the more younger minded ppl).
But it is one of the better bands Belgium has to offer :)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online

No members online now.