Hip Hop/Underground Hip Hop

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for a genre that doesn't get as much recognition that it rightfully deserves. The common misconception about hip hop is that most of it is about the same thing, girls, drugs, money, etc. And that is not true. There's a lot of great hip hop out there, and I myself have run into some pretty great tunes that have changed my mindset on hip hop in it's entirety. So i'll post videos here, and you can post some as well. Just figured this would be a good thread to make to hopefully clear most if not all the misconceptions that this genre has against it. I had a good friend of mine turn me onto some of the best underground hip hop i've heard in a long time.

So here's some videos:

Blue Scholars - No Rest For The Weary

Common Market - Escaping Arkham

P.O.S - Why Go (Pearl Jam cover)

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Can't believe someone had the guts to make this! I'm not up to par on my underground hip hop. I really like The Roots though.

I'll have to come back when I'm not half awake. ;)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Some more from Blue Scholars. They're probably one of my top 5 favorites in terms of hip hop.

North By Northwest

Loyalty

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
^Nice. I've listened to some Jedi Mind Tricks and have enjoyed what i've heard. May look into them more tonight or tomorrow though as a refresher.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Noted and noted. I'll check these guys out and see what I can find.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I found quite a few Jedi Mind Tricks albums for download, so i'm going to give them a listen sometime tonight most likely.

Looks like they also released a new album last month. Violence Begets Violence

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online