Highlight Your Playlist of The Week

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
Now in the past, some of us often created mix tapes. And maybe some have only heard legends of the era of the mix tape and even mix cd, when the elders would sometimes carefully curate their emotions and share music between one another, subtly tell someone how you feel about them, or just condense a collection of albums down to a single cassette or cd to make your own “best of” music delivery vessel. The hours and the effort to transfer songs from an album to a cassette. Or transfer songs from one cassette to another. Record a song from an album onto a master cd and then trim and transfer that to another cd all to fill a 60 minute or 90 minute cassette or 80 minute cd-r with music to give to a friend or someone you wish were more than a friend. In one phase, I would record audio samples from popular movies and use these movie quotes as segues between songs or random madness.
The digital age made it easier. Drag and drop the tracks to a playlist, then record the playlist to cd-r. And now of course, streaming services you can very easily create your playlist on an app, and listen and share. Well here is a place to highlight some of these.
Come here once a week and talk about or compare a music compilation you created - your mix tapes, your homemade greatest hits cds or another playlist you made on Spotify here. Your self imagined music compilations highlighted.

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
This has had time to breathe so I’ll start.
For better or worse, “great guitar solo” lists are of course subjective. Surfing YouTube this morning I came across one users ideas of a 50 Great Guitar Solos. I simply took his list at face value and decided to create a playlist on Spotify.
If any of you care to listen anytime, find me and feel free to listen.

33D2949C-9845-44B1-920C-9B7EBB2E1DEB.jpeg

BeatleMatt

Reaction score
I’ve been thinking about creating a playlist of songs that feature a Yamaha DX7 harmonica filter specifically like the keyboard solo of “What’s Love Got To Do With It”. Yeah. I’m a little strange at times.
Anyway, this week is a playlist featuring the songs of Metallica.
I’m only a casual fan of Metallica, own only a very few of their albums as many of their songs become uninteresting quickly for me for some reasons. But, years ago, a cousin of mine handed me a Metallica mix tape she made for me and for the most part it had some solid music there.
This playlist created on Spotify contains many of the songs from my cousins tape and my additions. Encapsulating songs from the albums of Metallica into one convenient and faithful playlist. Feel free to listen to any of my Spotify playlists anytime, kids.
C3BC5685-AD19-4EE2-B7D5-8195D58EFFFC.jpeg

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stealthboxer

Staff online

Members online