Hi Ya from Australia

metalife

Reaction score
Just want to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I'm 34 years old and been a life long fan of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, but I also like blues, Jazz and some Classical. I've been playing guitar since I was 14 and I'm a qualified music teachers so my taste can be varied. I will state that I can't stand hip hop and electronic crap that people call music.
The band to pop my musical cherry was Guns N Roses when I was at the tender age of 8. I'm sure I could have been 'normal' had I not been corrupted by these degenerates.

My top five favorite bands are GNR, Nightwish, Dream Theater, Metallica and Thin Lizzy. There are countless others, mostly from the 70s and 80s. Music took a major dive in the depression era of the 90s, and thanks to illegal (and legal) downloading and the death of the music studio system things have never been the same. There are some great bands out there, but they have little chance of getting the support they need to crack the mainstream and take their rightful place in the music world.

Well that's a bit of an introduction to me. I look forward to chatting with other members on various threads throughout this site. Hopefully we can introduce some new bands to each other.

Cheers
Dave.

Magnus59

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Australian Dave,

I have to agree that the 70's and 80's was the 90's was a disappointing time in music, particularly after the 70's and 80's, but there have been some very good bands appearing over the last few years.
I have lived in Perth since 1975 and was heavily into the Perth music scene in the late 70's and early 80's. I witnessed the rise of WA bands like INXS, having been to their pub gigs since the beginning of the Farriss brothers, Chain, Eurogliders and so many more.

My mission in life right now is to build an Australian fan base for these twins from Chicago, please check them out and join their fan groups if you like them.

http://www.classicrockforums.com/forum/f11/camille-kennerly-harp-twins-27041/

Cheers

Michael

metalife

Reaction score
Will do Michael. There's a lot of good things happening in Australia right now. There's a show on channel 31 here in Melbourne called the Hard Rock Show, it's promoting all the young bands that's are doing the pub circuits around Australia. Great show. They've just started promoting gigs at a local pub.

Have you heard of a band from Adelaide called Tracer? They're awesome!

Magnus59

Reaction score
Haven't heard of Tracer, I'll check them out.
As your only 34 you wouldn't have experienced the amazing music scene we had in Australia before they replaced all the live music with Pokies :uh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just want to take a few minutes to introduce myself. I'm 34 years old and been a life long fan of Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, but I also like blues, Jazz and some Classical. I've been playing guitar since I was 14 and I'm a qualified music teachers so my taste can be varied. I will state that I can't stand hip hop and electronic crap that people call music.
The band to pop my musical cherry was Guns N Roses when I was at the tender age of 8. I'm sure I could have been 'normal' had I not been corrupted by these degenerates.

My top five favorite bands are GNR, Nightwish, Dream Theater, Metallica and Thin Lizzy. There are countless others, mostly from the 70s and 80s. Music took a major dive in the depression era of the 90s, and thanks to illegal (and legal) downloading and the death of the music studio system things have never been the same. There are some great bands out there, but they have little chance of getting the support they need to crack the mainstream and take their rightful place in the music world.

Well that's a bit of an introduction to me. I look forward to chatting with other members on various threads throughout this site. Hopefully we can introduce some new bands to each other.

Cheers
Dave.
Welcome to a fellow Aussie and metal fan. :)

metalife

Reaction score
Haven't heard of Tracer, I'll check them out.
As your only 34 you wouldn't have experienced the amazing music scene we had in Australia before they replaced all the live music with Pokies :uh:

True. I have heard about it though. I'm sure I was born in the wrong decade. :mad

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online